External defining geometry wires get not closed after object in-plane move

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
p.h.

External defining geometry wires get not closed after object in-plane move

Post by p.h. »

I came across an issue I cannot understand. I hope you'll be able to shed some light onto this. I have isolated the issue to make it easier to tackle. File attached.

A3 assembly. Just a padded XY rectangle as a base plate for a power supply "LRS-75" imported from a STEP file. One of the LRS-75's faces A3 PlaneAligned with the base plate. Created another sketch, Sketch001 and added onto it external defining geometry. Just mounting holes and ventilation slots. Then pocketed them to have the holes in the base plate, which are aligned with the ones from the LRS-75. All good so far.

Then tested if it works as I would like it to do. Selected the LRS-75 and moved its X position by 1mm, from 43.53 mm to 44.53 mm.
Pocketed holes did not move along and furthermore I got "wires not closed" error for the Pocket.
In theory both the sketches and LRS-75's face are coplanar, so there should not be any issue. Contrary to this there is.

What's interesting if I select the LRS-75 and change its angle a bit from 90.00 to 90.05, then the "wires not closed" disappears and holes and slots show in the updated position in the base plate.
Cannot grasp it. I'm puzzled. Any idea why?
test-coplanar.FCStd
(950.86 KiB) Downloaded 39 times