move center of detailed view

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: move center of detailed view

Post by Jee-Bee »

I was thinking. about the center move tha i never had such a problems in Creo. But than i realize it is a different workflow.
in Creo the following steps are needed
  • Create anchor point witch relate detail view to parent view (i guess)
  • draw spline and from this spline the outer form is created(square/ circle etc)
This anchor is relates the position of the spline to the position on drawing. but is not necessary the center. The center is based on the part that is surrounded by the spline.
Wouldn't this not an more easy workflow?
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Jee-Bee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:38 pm This anchor is relates the position of the spline to the position on drawing. but is not necessary the center. The center is based on the part that is surrounded by the spline.
Marking out the spline will have to wait for "drawing on top of drawing" is implemented (targeted for v0.19).
jimmihenry

Post by jimmihenry »

Hello together,

i have the suspicion my anchor centre is not the centre of my detailed view. The object i am referring to is a view set to perspective, focus 250 could this be the cause of a off-centred "aiming".

Every operations takes about 7-10 minutes so experimenting is not the very favourite at the moment for me.

Is this something that could be fixed? Or is it an user error?
Attachments
Not centered.PNG
Not centered.PNG (213.86 KiB) Viewed 780 times
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

jimmihenry wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:33 pm i have the suspicion my anchor centre is not the centre of my detailed view. The object i am referring to is a view set to perspective, focus 250 could this be the cause of a off-centred "aiming".
Definitely doesn't look centered.

Can you share a file (PM me if it is proprietary)? Version info?

I see errors from the shape extractor in your screen grab. That could be significant.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

jimmihenry wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:33 pm Is this something that could be fixed? Or is it an user error?
This looks to be an artifact of the detail view direction. The detail uses the main view's direction, which is usually the right choice.

In this case the cylindrical cutting tool makes an ellipse where it intersect the wing. I'm wondering if this logic is correct. I'm thinking that the detail direction should start as the main view direction, but allow a different value for cases like this. The anchor point will need to be adjusted since it won't be in the right place if the main view and the detail are from different angles.

The dark shape is the cutting tool:
f22_V9.0_SectionTool.png
f22_V9.0_SectionTool.png (24.84 KiB) Viewed 673 times
This is the view looking down through the cutting tool:
F22_v9.0_throughTool.png
F22_v9.0_throughTool.png (14.7 KiB) Viewed 673 times
This is the cutting tool perpendicular the main view's shape:
Attachments
F22_v9.0_perpTool.png
F22_v9.0_perpTool.png (18.34 KiB) Viewed 673 times
jimmihenry

Post by jimmihenry »

Thank you for clearing this up! I was able to have a workaround... Just took advantage of the export to svg button. I saved a lot of loading time that was caused by the brushless motor in a little higher detail. On top of that SVG can be easily manipulated using Inkscape an it is compatible to be ex- and imported. So far i must admit the TechWorkbench made some big leaps in order to mature...