"Part.OCCError: Both points are equal" in Arch workbench

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
esteban.dugueperoux

Re: "Part.OCCError: Both points are equal" in Arch workbench

Post by esteban.dugueperoux »

I have added a screencast to reproduce the stacktrace when trying to create first door:

https://github.com/EstebanDugueperoux2/ ... 34:01.webm

The stacktrace occured because the default value of the height at 0.
I agree this attribute should not be at 0 but for a beginner for me, the feedback is not helpful to fix the error.

Regards.
esteban.dugueperoux

Post by esteban.dugueperoux »

I have added a video (https://github.com/EstebanDugueperoux2/ ... 34:01.webm) to reproduce the stacktrace.

The issue comes from the window height at 0 by default.
I agree it is an error but for a beginner like me, the feedback doesn't helps to find the error.

Regards.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Moved from Help forum.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

esteban.dugueperoux wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:39 pm I get this exception because I inverted position and size.
Indeed I have tried to set by mistake 1m for "Local X", 1m for "Local Y" and 0 for "Local Z" then 0.6m for width and 1.1m for height.
But this should not trigger a stacktrace, are you agree it is a bug?
esteban.dugueperoux wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:26 pm The issue comes from the window height at 0 by default.
I agree it is an error but for a beginner like me, the feedback doesn't helps to find the error.
In the 1st quote you seem to describe a new problem, in the 2nd you go back to a problem that was already discussed. So I am now confused what is causing your latest issue.

The video is not very informative. Most of it (0:00-3:20) does not seem related to the problem, then we see the Traceback but not what user actions caused it. Maybe you have posted the wrong video?