Sketcher keyboard shortcuts broken in lastest Link Daily Branch? [solved]

Report observations made with the new Toponaming branch.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Mpa

Re: Sketcher keyboard shortcuts broken in lastest Link Daily Branch? [solved]

Post by Mpa »

Krypto wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:04 pm I can't edit the wiki, but if you wish in section "Further user interface improvements" with perhaps the wording "Default keyboard shortcuts have changed!" with a link to the forum discussion listed above and also a link to the keyboard shortcut section of the wiki. It wouldn't hurt to mention that keyboard shortcuts can be altered at Tools/Customize. I think this will be a FAQ when .020 is mainlined because it certainly caught me off guard.

I already had to customize the Polyline tool shortcut from "G, M" to "G, G" which seems to work much better.
I would suggest another shortcut than G,G because that's already been assigned to a powerful pie menu for choosing inside sketcher. You navigate your mouse over an element and Just press G,G to see the magic.
Mpa

Post by Mpa »

Krypto wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:04 pm I can't edit the wiki, but if you wish in section "Further user interface improvements" with perhaps the wording "Default keyboard shortcuts have changed!" with a link to the forum discussion listed above and also a link to the keyboard shortcut section of the wiki. It wouldn't hurt to mention that keyboard shortcuts can be altered at Tools/Customize. I think this will be a FAQ when .020 is mainlined because it certainly caught me off guard.

I already had to customize the Polyline tool shortcut from "G, M" to "G, G" which seems to work much better.
I would suggest another shortcut than G,G because that's already been assigned to a powerful pie menu for choosing inside sketcher. You navigate your mouse over an element and Just press G,G to see the magic.
Krypto

Post by Krypto »

Yeah, but I don't use the pie menu so I don't care. If I would use it, I would hope you could activate it with a mouse button somehow. I got lots of unused buttons on my mouse that Freecad could use...

What I do use is the polyline tool and having to pull my fingers from the home keys to hit the "G, M" combo is horrible, especially when you want to increment through the tools with repeated key presses.
Mpa

Post by Mpa »

Krypto wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:37 pm Yeah, but I don't use the pie menu so I don't care. If I would use it, I would hope you could activate it with a mouse button somehow. I got lots of unused buttons on my mouse that Freecad could use...

What I do use is the polyline tool and having to pull my fingers from the home keys to hit the "G, M" combo is horrible, especially when you want to increment through the tools with repeated key presses.
I totally agree with you so I did change that to "A". I totally use only pie menus and A is Right on Spot for me.
Please check the following link as a guide if needed.
https://youtu.be/L_QQrg3A6q4
https://youtu.be/XtCh0NxIBy8
Mpa

Post by Mpa »

Mpa wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:37 am
Krypto wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:37 pm Yeah, but I don't use the pie menu so I don't care. If I would use it, I would hope you could activate it with a mouse button somehow. I got lots of unused buttons on my mouse that Freecad could use...

I totally agree with you so I did change polyline to "A". But also I totally use only pie menus and A is Right on Spot for me cause I need only, Q,W,E,A,S,Z and 1,2,3,4,5 for all tools inside FreeCad.
Please check the following link as a guide if needed.
https://youtu.be/L_QQrg3A6q4
https://youtu.be/XtCh0NxIBy8
Krypto

Post by Krypto »

Ok, now I'm intrigued! I'll check out your videos.