Open Hardware robot - Rosmo - Looking for volunteer(s)

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Sam_uk

Re: Open Hardware robot - Rosmo - Looking for volunteer(s)

Post by Sam_uk »

Here's the .stl of the magnet holder if that helps: https://github.com/rosmo-robot/Rosmo_3D ... Holder.stl I think it was done in Fusion originally

Some photos of our current v1.1

Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

I've been working on it, had to attend to other things, I'll get something out tomorrow.
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

Here is latest update, can't be much left now. :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nn6jsv5yfklb ... FCStd?dl=0
camcnew.png
camcnew.png (112.98 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
Sam_uk

Post by Sam_uk »

This looks great!

Thanks for all your work on this. I'm going to print one. I've also added it to our Github https://github.com/rosmo-robot/Rosmo_3D ... /Readme.md
Sam_uk

Post by Sam_uk »

Feedback from my colleague Rich:

So I’ve printed up the v2 Rosmo bits, with the following results:
  • they print well…
    can’t quite fit the encoder into the encoder/motor mounts - the outline for it need to be a little less tight
    the ESC should mount with the terminal blocks facing towards the motors? Not sure which direction its intended to face.
    but even if you turn it the other way, either way it doesn’t quite fit. The mounting points are too tight, both for the terminal blocks and the M5 header. The terminal blocks need about 1mm, the M5 header needs 2mm extra space.
    M2 nuts fit quite well in the 4 slots on the bottom of the base, but don’t really fit in the top slots. Are they intended for the same size nuts/screws?
    the encoder/motor mounts are just a little tight when you push them into the base. You can get them in, but the whole thing then looks a little bent. Since they are attached with screws, I’d give them a little more tolerance (0.5mm), then they’ll just slot in with minimal force, I think.
    the encoder/motor mount attaches well to the motor, and it looks like the magnet is in the right place - but I can’t say 100% since I can’t fit the encoder.
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

Sam_uk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:41 am the ESC should mount with the terminal blocks facing towards the motors? Not sure which direction its intended to face.
but even if you turn it the other way, either way it doesn’t quite fit. The mounting points are too tight, both for the terminal blocks and the M5 header. The terminal blocks need about 1mm, the M5 header needs 2mm extra space.
Not really sure what this is about?

I made a PR on github, my first! :D

The encoders should fit now, there was a TNP issue with a fillet that caused the problems I think. It would be good if we could have some pictures of the print.

Let me know if there's anything else.
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

OK I think I got the comment about the ESC board.

I couldn't download the model from the link you posted.

So I drew another model, except the dimensions were not correct :o

I used the photo on github with an image plane and was able to scale the PCB boards correctly.

I'll upload another version which should work.
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

I hope I'm doing this git stuff right! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sam_uk

Post by Sam_uk »

Looks good! Thanks

I merged your commit! I also iterated our version number/folder and added the .stl: https://github.com/rosmo-robot/Rosmo_3D ... n/V2/v2.07

If this is indeed the final version I'll update the readme there too. I'll try and get some photos..
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

OK another small change, the nut housings for the axels were the wrong size, this is now corrected.