parametric object does not use linked values

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Re: parametric object does not use linked values

Post by thomas-neemann »

bambuko wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:27 am ..
yes, i had bad experiences with sketcher flipping
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
bambuko
Veteran

Post by bambuko »

thomas-neemann wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:32 am i had bad experiences with sketcher flipping
Yes, it is known problem - I used to suffer from it as well ;)
I am using Link branch and Assembly3
you can also download ... and try it here
excellent Assembly3 tutorials here
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

bambuko wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:43 am ...
it's not a specific freecd problem. autodesk inventor etc have it too. it is probably the technique to work with solvers

bambuko
Veteran

Post by bambuko »

thomas-neemann wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:46 am it's not a specific freecd problem. autodesk inventor etc have it too. it is probably the technique to work with solvers

Yes, I know :)
it's in the nature of the beast that has more than one (perfectly valid) solution to the geometric problem.
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

bambuko wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:55 am ...
yes, unfortunately it is rarely mentioned. i have requests for freecad training. I will point out in it at the beginning.

kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

flavios wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:58 pm When I change the value in the spreadsheet the corresponding constraint does not change... unless I enter again to change its value and call on the expression (without change). When I press enter the new value appears.
Could this be related to my problem here https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68835? Changing value does not recolculate expression of an object that has some errors. Although if the change was applied as it should have been the error would have been resolved.
bambuko
Veteran

Post by bambuko »

kisolre wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:37 am ... does not recalculate expression of an object that has some errors....
quite possible!
I am familiar with this behaviour as well (I normally use Linkstage3 branch) - is it the same for master branch?
It makes sense to me - since how do you expect solver to solve something that is not solvable because of errors?
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

flavios wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:49 amThe sketch you pointed to had the 8mm segment reversed and disconnected. Given that it is a simple rectangle and that it happens twice I suspect a bug.
No bug, you just used an incorrect set of constraints for what you intend to draw, you used a length and an equality constraint to make a closed rectangle when you should have used coincidence on all vertex instead.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

kisolre wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:37 am Could this be related to my problem here https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68835? Changing value does not recolculate expression of an object that has some errors. Although if the change was applied as it should have been the error would have been resolved.
the underlying mechanic that stops the recomputation is the same, if an object fails to recompute anything that depends on it will not be recomputed, but it wouldn't make a difference if the values from the expression were updated, a previous sketch (or in your case a fillet) was broken so nothing past that would get recomputed.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

adrianinsaval wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:09 pm the underlying mechanic that stops the recomputation is the same, if an object fails to recompute anything that depends on it will not be recomputed,
But the dynamic data objects do not depend on the body in any way. The Body placement does not depend on the Bosy shape. So errors in shape should not prevent placement from recomputation since it should happen before calcumation the shape. And shape can (and does) depend on placement so calculating proper placement will result in proper shape (no errors).