[ Comments Request /PR ] Intuitive Automatic Windows/Doors + Equipment Placement

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
paullee
Veteran

Re: [ Comments Request /PR ] Intuitive Automatic Windows/Doors + Equipment Placement

Post by paullee »

Looks better with Shadow on Link Branch :D

Test_ Topologic-004_ trial_r.FCStd
(150.22 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Screenshot from 2022-04-17 11-09-36.png
Screenshot from 2022-04-17 11-09-36.png (209.63 KiB) Viewed 1965 times
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: [ Comments Request /PR ] Intuitive Automatic Windows/Doors + Equipment Placement

Post by Kunda1 »

NiCE!!!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

In response to a comment on a youtube video, I try to centralise available resources by adding Youtube videos immediately at the Github ReadMe for better illustration of the SketchArch add-on features :-

https://github.com/paullee0/FreeCAD_Ske ... /README.md

Hope it helps in the meantime (before more time and resources available to extract previous step by step into a wiki / tutorial, or adding voice over the video).
jsolersallent

Post by jsolersallent »

Thank you very much:))

I tried to update the workbench with the latest Archsketchobject.py file and two menu icons have disappeared.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-22 10.39.58.png
Screenshot 2022-05-22 10.39.58.png (88.62 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

jsolersallent wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:47 am Thank you very much:))

I tried to update the workbench with the latest Archsketchobject.py file and two menu icons have disappeared.

Welcome and thanks for the interest and testing :)

I have a look and it seems to be the Create Voxel and Create CellComplex buttons. Not sure if something wrong I did on the Github, will have a look.

Anything you see on Report View?

Screenshot from 2022-05-22 19-43-34.png
Screenshot from 2022-05-22 19-43-34.png (191.74 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Do you find the last 2 commands in the drop-down menu on the Sketch Arch menu bar ?
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Seems nothing wrong on the Github, you have the Voxel.svg and CellComplex.svg in your .../icons/ directory ?

Screenshot from 2022-05-22 20-10-34.png
Screenshot from 2022-05-22 20-10-34.png (64.18 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

jsolersallent wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:47 am I tried to update the workbench with the latest Archsketchobject.py file and two menu icons have disappeared.
Just note from the Report window of your screencapture, the command Voxel and CellComplex are not found. Maybe you are not using all the files from the Github.

Just download all the files from the Github - https://github.com/paullee0/FreeCAD_SketchArch ...

> Find the CODE button, click it, and select Download ZIP. Unpack in your pc and place those files/directory in your FreeCAD.../Mod/ directory.

Hope it helps :)
jsolersallent

Post by jsolersallent »

I receive from report view the messages: unknown commmand "Cellcomplex" and unknown command "Voxel". In mod/sketcharch/Icons I see Cellcomplex.svg and Voxel.svg.
I assume that the last update of SketcharchObject.py was in the post August/1/2021 https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 19#p521119

If I do the installation from Githup without replacing the original SketcharchObject it seems to work and I just need to add Archwindow.py and ArchEquipment.py that are not in the zip file.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

jsolersallent wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:18 pm I assume that the last update of SketcharchObject.py was in the post August/1/2021 https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 19#p521119

If I do the installation from Githup without replacing the original SketcharchObject it seems to work and I just need to add Archwindow.py and ArchEquipment.py that are not in the zip file.
Ok, I see the confusion in your case :)

Just use the latest 0.20_pre-release version of FreeCAD downloadable at https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... kly-builds
(The 0.20 official release version is in progress though) The ArchWindow.py, ArchEquipment.py etc. had already been merged in the pre-release version, so no need to replace those manually.

Then, just use the whole SketchArch download at Github.

Maybe I need to add a remark in the Github Readme of the SketchArch :D
[EDIT : Done]