split comboview, show tree and property editor separately

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bernd
Veteran

split comboview, show tree and property editor separately

Post by bernd »

AFAIK is it possible to split the combo view to have the tree view and the property editor in separate widgets. I can not find how to do this. Does someone has more information about this.

cheers bernd
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: split comboview

Post by adrianinsaval »

edit->preferences->general->tree view mode->tree view and property view (or the both option if you still want them in combo view too)
then restart freecad go to view->panels and check the tree view and property view
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

bernd wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:14 pm AFAIK is it possible to split the combo view to have the tree view and the property editor in separate widgets. I can not find how to do this. Does someone has more information about this.
No, that's not possible. The combo view internally uses a tab widget where on the first page a splitter (see QSplitter) is used that keeps the tree view and the property editor. So far this class doesn't offer a way that you could drag and drop widgets from/to it.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:28 pm edit->preferences->general->tree view mode->tree view and property view
:D very cool, long tree and all attributes are visible, really cool ...

screen.png
screen.png (276.08 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

wmayer wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:43 pm
bernd wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:14 pm AFAIK is it possible to split the combo view to have the tree view and the property editor in separate widgets. I can not find how to do this. Does someone has more information about this.
No, that's not possible. The combo view internally uses a tab widget where on the first page a splitter (see QSplitter) is used that keeps the tree view and the property editor. So far this class doesn't offer a way that you could drag and drop widgets from/to it.
May be my question was expressed bad. The pref above was what I was looking for.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Re: split comboview, show tree and property editor separately

Post by Shalmeneser »

But why the Theme is not supported when undocked ?
Attachments
Capture du 2021-10-29 11-05-21.png
Capture du 2021-10-29 11-05-21.png (30.1 KiB) Viewed 2850 times