Mirror of Sketch not Shown

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
paullee
Veteran

Re: Mirror of Sketch not Shown

Post by paullee »

regis wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:51 pm Actually I have a good idear where sketches can be used. for example site layouts and street curbs. but I got so much i'm checking and attempting to do that it is hard to focus and hash out a few of these things consistently. Also for sketches are only good when one wishes to swap wall styles. as the sketch can save the wall style. So that means a combination of sketch styles is also an interesting direction.
Thanks for sharing the ideas, i had thought for a while how to built 3d the site layout, street curbs, pavement, carriageway etc. and discussed here, no solution yet :( Maybe currently only 2d sketch or draft wire for everybody? See what you get.

BTW I don't get it 'sketch can save the wall style' ?

I'll see what-else to be done in my experiment and may share here to see other peoples had better workflow, currently it is to me unproductive and slow.
regis

Post by regis »

paullee wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:52 am BTW I don't get it 'sketch can save the wall style' ?
The basics are already in this tutorial. I just need to muster the power of creative concept to expand the idea more with the current freecad limitations. I know it wont be perfect, that's why I wanted to give my self an introduction to python so at least things don't look so foreign.
but yeah in these tutorials the basics of this capability is demonstrated. So now showcasing a small modeling project that entails some of these features are some of the things that i need to develop. so far they are still in back of my mind. But I have to be systematic about everything I do, otherwise I'll lost into the maze of details and dots from all over the place. That's why these are pending still for the moment. But these tutorials can give you a really great idea on how to expand the sketch and wall type styles. Then the rest is just your creativity to achieve a desired result or probably a tweak of the code to provide it with a more constructive and time saving ability.
paullee wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:52 am Thanks for sharing the ideas, i had thought for a while how to built 3d the site layout, street curbs, pavement, carriageway etc. and discussed here, no solution yet Maybe currently only 2d sketch or draft wire for everybody? See what you get.
Where did you discuss that? I'm not not sure about it's ability to do everything right out of the box but i'll test what I mean eventually.
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

regis wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:46 pm
The basics are already in this tutorial. I just need to muster the power of creative concept to expand the idea more with the current freecad limitations. I know it wont be perfect, that's why I wanted to give my self an introduction to python so at least things don't look so foreign.
but yeah in these tutorials the basics of this capability is demonstrated. So now showcasing a small modeling project that entails some of these features are some of the things that i need to develop. so far they are still in back of my mind. But I have to be systematic about everything I do, otherwise I'll lost into the maze of details and dots from all over the place. That's why these are pending still for the moment. But these tutorials can give you a really great idea on how to expand the sketch and wall type styles. Then the rest is just your creativity to achieve a desired result or probably a tweak of the code to provide it with a more constructive and time saving ability.
Yes, I saw them when you shared in the Arch Cladding thread started by Rockn, just do not remember the details that it is on sketch rather than of draft wire :)

I face lot of problems using sketch and post lots of questions about that here and there. Here there is another person trying to use sketch but has some other minor problem, seem not currently active in discussion:- Link between two sketches https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 88#p165550 Should have tested what I can think of currently on Arch objects building on sketch; trying to summarize and start discussion in Arch to see other peoples have better workflows, comments welcome :)

About sketching site features like curb, Microelly help to setup the Geodata and I used to be able to import site terrain (broken for some reason currently) and attempt to conceive how these features could be built upon the terrain but no fruitful result. Not really discussion in fact but try to solicit others ideas how possibly it could be done. Have a feeling that Microelly and other's works on nurbs /surface etc. should have relevance but no time to dig into it yet.

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 29#p175229
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 88#p200703
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

paullee wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:24 am Then, it was noted mirrors of sketch, though included in the Arch Section Plane etc.
Is this what you were expecting?
ArchSectionMirror.png
ArchSectionMirror.png (195.45 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
I set the "OnlySolids" property to false, then I get a mirror image on the drawing.

Inside Arch.ArchSectionPlane.py there is code in

Code: Select all

def getCutShapes(objs,section,showHidden):
that includes or skips objects based on OnlySolids.

I don't know if that is right or wrong, but that's why the mirror doesn't make it to the drawing page.

wf

Edit: clumsy fingers
Last edited by wandererfan on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

If you need drawings based on Sketches, you can just make a regular view:
FloorSketchView.png
FloorSketchView.png (190.47 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

wandererfan wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:38 pm
paullee wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:24 am Then, it was noted mirrors of sketch, though included in the Arch Section Plane etc.
Is this what you were expecting?
ArchSectionMirror.png

I set the "OnlySolids" property to false, then I get a mirror image on the drawing.

Inside Arch.ArchSectionPlane.py there is code in

Code: Select all

def getCutShapes(objs,section,showHidden):
that includes or skips objects based on OnlySolids.

I don't know if that is right or wrong, but that's why the mirror doesn't make it to the drawing page.

wf

Edit: clumsy fingers
Unexpected use of that option!

As hinted by the tooltip there (... 'with possible wrong result'), it may not be that 'proper' use of it and may have other 'side effect'. Thanks this could be a workaround for the time being!

This however is a least 'inconsistent' or consider as 'a feature not yet implemented - a sketch is okay, but a mirror is not.

I am avoiding to use ArchView and Regular View a the same time as their positioning 'methodology' are not the same and have problem in overlaying!
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

paullee wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:52 am I am avoiding to use ArchView and Regular View a the same time as their positioning 'methodology' are not the same and have problem in overlaying!
There was a fix for this recently. It looks pretty close to me. Do you have an example where is still isn't working?
ArchvsViewPosition.png
ArchvsViewPosition.png (190.32 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

wandererfan wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:22 pm
paullee wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:52 am I am avoiding to use ArchView and Regular View a the same time as their positioning 'methodology' are not the same and have problem in overlaying!
There was a fix for this recently. It looks pretty close to me. Do you have an example where is still isn't working?
ArchvsViewPosition.png
Thanks, do not aware of latest feature for that! Would try and report!
regis

Post by regis »

hmmm strange but it also seems that techdraw has a problem with regular polygonal shapes from Dwire.
So it wont read 2D wires, fills or unfills. However it willread the object if the has an extrusion.

Also is there a way to control the thickness of those circles? not sure i've seen it thus far.

Ah and this is probably a subject for it's own thread but why not, the "New draft" on tech draw can't work for just about any draft wire polygone no matter their orientation?
Attachments
human man profile.fcstd
(89.37 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Screenshot from 2018-01-08 17-41-25.jpg
Screenshot from 2018-01-08 17-41-25.jpg (640.21 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
Screenshot from 2018-01-08 17-34-25.png
Screenshot from 2018-01-08 17-34-25.png (334.85 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
Screenshot from 2018-01-08 17-27-44.png
Screenshot from 2018-01-08 17-27-44.png (360.52 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

regis wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:51 pm hmmm strange but it also seems that techdraw has a problem with regular polygonal shapes from Dwire.
So it wont read 2D wires, fills or unfills. However it willread the object if the has an extrusion.

Also is there a way to control the thickness of those circles? not sure i've seen it thus far.

Ah and this is probably a subject for it's own thread but why not, the "New draft" on tech draw can't work for just about any draft wire polygone no matter their orientation?

Seem Dwire is okay - added some Dwire and shown in Arch Section Plane + TechDraw ArchView

But somehow the Face001 is only 1 which is not shown - something special about this shape?

Screenshot from 2018-01-10 01-04-58.png
Screenshot from 2018-01-10 01-04-58.png (260.95 KiB) Viewed 2559 times