Sketcher: Drag only part of B-Spline

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jnxd

Sketcher: Drag only part of B-Spline

Post by jnxd »

PR here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/7110.

This change is towards adding some more control while manipulating a spline. With this, when dragging B-spline, only the "piece" between knots that contains the point selected by the cursor is moved. The shape of this piece will stay the same unless some constraints prevent that: see the gif I posted on the PR (it's too big for posting here)

This shouldn't ideally be an either-or situation: there should be some key combination to move either all of the spline or part. Additionally it may also be possible to move multiple segments at a time.

Tests and suggestions are welcome. Especially if someone here uses splines regularly in FC or in any other software. I'd like some ideas on what keystrokes to use for it and what keystrokes should not be used since they already correspond to something else.

@abdullah, @paddle, any inputs, particularly on the keystrokes?
My latest (or last) project: B-spline Construction Project.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Sketcher: Drag only part of B-Spline

Post by adrianinsaval »

@abdullah @paddle so they actually get notifications
The mentions extension has it's quirks, you have to select a name from the dropdown list while redacting so it becomes

Code: Select all

[mention]username[/mention]
before posting, would be nice to have a button for this like with the other tags
jnxd

Re: Sketcher: Drag only part of B-Spline

Post by jnxd »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:47 pm @abdullah @paddle so they actually get notifications
The mentions extension has it's quirks, you have to select a name from the dropdown list while redacting so it becomes

Code: Select all

@username
before posting, would be nice to have a button for this like with the other tags
Thanks for the explanation @adrianinsaval. It seems it accepts the name with an enter but stays there without mentioning.
My latest (or last) project: B-spline Construction Project.