Feature request - Sheetmetal unfold without GUI

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
gabi23

Feature request - Sheetmetal unfold without GUI

Post by gabi23 »

Hello,

It would be great to be able to unfold a sheet metal part without having to go through the FreeCAD GUI application!

You would have to modify the unfold.py script of the sheetmetal module so that it does not depend on the FreeCAD GUI module anymore.

And so, it would add a module available in headless version of FreeCAD

I already made an issue on the Github of the SheetMetal module : https://github.com/shaise/FreeCAD_SheetMetal/issues/227

Thank you in advance :)

Mod Edit: x-posted to the main SheetMetal forum thread: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 68#p591668
gabi23

Re: Feature request - Sheetmetal unfold without GUI

Post by gabi23 »

Actually, I seed unfold script is highly dependant of GUI.Selection().

Is there any headless solution to select object or face ?
KAKM

Post by KAKM »

I think that Gui.Selection returns a list of objects, so if you can figure out which objects you're going to need, you can just substitute that list (or the code that produces it) for the Gui.Selection line. I'm a long way from an expert on this, so I would suggest posting this question in the "Python scripting and macros" forum, which is where those experts are most likely to see it.

For future reference, feature requests are supposed to be put in the Open Discussion forum. You're much, much more likely to get a response there–this forum is only used for announcements.
HalpPlease

Post by HalpPlease »

Any update on this ?