InvGears Workbench

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Dani

Re: InvGears Workbench

Post by Dani »

Hello,

Thank you to @sebasg84 for his awesome work with this workbench. For sure it will be very helpfull for a lot of people.

Congratulations @sebasg84!
sebasg84

Post by sebasg84 »

Thank you!!!
I already created the package.xml file and uploaded it to github .
I have been reading that I must request an account in the forum to be able to create a wiki page.

Do I have to open a new thread to request that account?
chennes wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:17 pm Hello @sebasg84 -- I invite you to submit your workbench to the list available in the Addon Manager by following the instructions here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-addo ... collection

You might also consider adding a package.xml metadata file, as described here: https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Package_Metadata -- this will enable a new forthcoming version of the Addon Manager to integrate your workbench's icon without it needing to be directly included in FreeCAD, and will allow some additional information to be displayed to users.
TheMarkster
Veteran

Post by TheMarkster »

There is a wiki subforum with a thread for getting wiki permissions.

By the way I have updated Animator to add support for running workbench solver commands each time through the loop. It is mostly untested since I don't use assemblers.
sebasg84

Post by sebasg84 »

TheMarkster wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:11 am There is a wiki subforum with a thread for getting wiki permissions.

By the way I have updated Animator to add support for running workbench solver commands each time through the loop. It is mostly untested since I don't use assemblers.
Thank you!!!

Animator Macro works very well.I will try the new version.
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

This looks awesome! I'm having a blast looking at the Announcements ! So much awesome work :)
Varnu01

Invite to 2023 FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference

Post by Varnu01 »

Good Day @sebasg84

My name is Varnu Govender, I am the assistant to Dr du Plessis at the University of Pretoria, South Africa.

We are organizing the 1st Annual FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference, which is set to take place in Early 2023.

I have taken interest in your Workbench, and I would love if you could present your work at the conference.

You are welcome to present your workbench in the following manner:
  • Introduction/Overview of your Workbench
  • Run-down on how the workbench operates through the user interface and backend.
  • A tutorial demonstrating the full functionality of the workbench.
  • A showcase of something that has been created/modelled in the workbench.
In addition to this, if you know somebody that might be interested in presenting their work during the conference, please could you refer them to me (@Varnu01.)

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Varnu Govender
FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference 2023. Register Here

Nikra-DAP FreeCAD Workbench
sebasg84

Re: Invite to 2023 FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference

Post by sebasg84 »

Varnu01 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:07 pm Good Day @sebasg84

My name is Varnu Govender, I am the assistant to Dr du Plessis at the University of Pretoria, South Africa.

We are organizing the 1st Annual FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference, which is set to take place in Early 2023.

I have taken interest in your Workbench, and I would love if you could present your work at the conference.

You are welcome to present your workbench in the following manner:
  • Introduction/Overview of your Workbench
  • Run-down on how the workbench operates through the user interface and backend.
  • A tutorial demonstrating the full functionality of the workbench.
  • A showcase of something that has been created/modelled in the workbench.
In addition to this, if you know somebody that might be interested in presenting their work during the conference, please could you refer them to me (@Varnu01.)

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Varnu Govender
Hello Varnu! Thank you very much for the invitation and apologies for the long delay in response. I would love to participate, however at the moment I am newly arrived in Ireland with the purpose of improving my English. I was three months before in Italy. For which I was and am very disconnected. Right now, until I'm well established here, I won't have much time available.

Regards
Sebastian E. Garcia
Last edited by sebasg84 on Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

@sebasg84 never put your email on public forum. it's just an advice.
you can edit your previous post and remove it.
you can use the private mail tool of the forum. it is safe.
sebasg84

Post by sebasg84 »

david69 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:33 am @sebasg84 never put your email on public forum. it's just an advice.
you can edit your previous post and remove it.
you can use the private mail tool of the forum. it is safe.
Thank you. I edited it.
Varnu01

Re: Invite to 2023 FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference

Post by Varnu01 »

sebasg84 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:04 pm
Hello Varnu! Thank you very much for the invitation and apologies for the long delay in response. I would love to participate, however at the moment I am newly arrived in Ireland with the purpose of improving my English. I was three months before in Italy. For which I was and am very disconnected. Right now, until I'm well established here, I won't have much time available.
Hi Sebastian

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you so much for the reply.

I understand your situation and I completely understand. If you do change your mind however, you are welcome to drop me a message.

Regards
Varnu
FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference 2023. Register Here

Nikra-DAP FreeCAD Workbench