[finally released] FreeCAD 0.19 Windows installer release candidate

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD 0.19 Windows installer release candidate

Post by uwestoehr »

zardozer wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:59 pm I'm testing the latest install (19.1 windows installer posted here), loaded up a couple of assemblies (assembly 4), and noticed that it won't change to wireframe. Points, shaded, and flat lines don't seem to work either, although hidden line and no shading work fine. Anyone else get this?

I loaded up the latest mac preview, and it does the same thing as well. Is this a bug that's been there for a while now?
Thanks for testing. So it seems you found a general bug in FreeCAD, not Win-specific.

@zolko, can you reproduce this or is this Assembly4-specific? If yes, can you please bring this to the Help forum as bug report. (I cannot test right now on my own.)

Zolko wrote: .
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

uwestoehr wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:50 pm @zolko, can you reproduce this or is this Assembly4-specific?
This is App::Link specific and is known: the visual of a linked object is done in the document of the linked object and not in the document where it is linked. It's known but probably not very well documented.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
zardozer

Post by zardozer »

@Zolko
Ah, ok thanks for the info. It seems that realthunder has fixed this in the link branch, so hopefully it will be merged at some point as well.
qingfeng.xia

Post by qingfeng.xia »

Does this means FreeCAD v0.19 will be released as stable very soon? Some company complained FC 0.18 on Windows is too old (outdated with bugs) to be added into the trust software list.
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 64bit, python3, always work with latest FreeCAD daily build
Working on Cfd module for FreeCAD, FreeCAD_Module_Develop_Guide
https://github.com/ukaea/parallel-preprocessor/
https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

uwestoehr wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:50 pm Thanks for testing.
I noticed that you packaged from the build directory. I think it would be better to package the stable releases from the install directory. The WB .pyd's get moved to the lib sub-directory. I also think we should provide flatmesh. Also there is a bunch of files provided that aren't needed.
I'm not sure how you'd like to procede? I can build an installer myself, provide a .7z of the build, or provide some .bat file to copy only the necessary stuff?

Also see here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4612
"fight the good fight"
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

sgrogan wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:09 pm I noticed that you packaged from the build directory. I think it would be better to package the stable releases from the install directory.
Thanks for the pointer. I will make a new installer from the install directory.

sgrogan wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:09 pm The WB .pyd's get moved to the lib sub-directory. I also think we should provide flatmesh.
I don't understand. What files do you miss?

sgrogan wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:09 pm I can build an installer myself, provide a .7z of the build, or provide some .bat file to copy only the necessary stuff?
It would be very good, when you could apply https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4612 and build an installer. I would like to test that. The reason is that my goal is that everybody can build the installer and it will work.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

sgrogan wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:09 pm I noticed that you packaged from the build directory. I think it would be better to package the stable releases from the install directory.
I tried to do this but this contains many unnecessary files, e.g. debug DLLs and PDBs. Therefore I cannot compile the installer because this has a limit of 2BG and in fact to install FC one only needs about 500 MB.
Is there a way to clean the Install folder from the debug files?

Last but very important: The LibPack and also the Conda builds come with a ccx.exe that does not work. When I try to run the FEM example cantilever file that you find in the Start WB, I get an error about missing DLLs:
- libblas.dll
- liblapack.dll
- liblarpack.dll
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

Here is a new installer: https://github.com/donovaly/FreeCADInst ... ller-2.exe

- this one was build from the Install folder (I removed the debug files)
- it takes the Calculix files from FC 0.18.4. With this the FEM example file and also my private simulations work.
alexyash

Post by alexyash »

uwestoehr wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:22 am Please test it out and report of you could install it without problems, if you can create meshes, start different workbenches and example files, if the basic tools like taking screenshots and measuring work etc.
Works fine for me. Thank you.✌

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24275 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-19
Hash: f4574cf02d08fedd0a416d798b7dfef0ca2b5579
Python version: 3.8.6+
Qt version: 5.15.1
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

Thanks for all who tested and gave feedback.

We just published the final installer: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... taller.exe

Compare to the last release candidate I fixed the FEM tools. So to perform FEM simulations, please use the final installer. (You can install over the existing installation)