Mnesarco Utils Extension Pack (MnesarcoUtils)

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mnesarco

Re: Mnesarco Utils Extension Pack

Post by mnesarco »

Syres wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:23 pm I knew in the distant back of mind we'd had something like this when the Start Page redesign was taking place (only 2 years ago) and @Yorik only could test on Linux. Please see the commit that he implemented to fix for all OS : https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/commit/3f51e25b2

I hope this helps, you'll notice that http:// doesn't work and must be set to file:// @RogerK came up with the fix using a variable which he used along with StartPage.js which isn't in this commit.
file:// will not work in this context because the html is running in another device. I will try to get access to a windows machine too. Thanks for your help. See you tomorrow.
mnesarco

Post by mnesarco »

Syres wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:16 pm ...
I have found the bug. It is fixed now. It was as suspected, a filesystem path problem.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

mnesarco wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:25 am I have found the bug. It is fixed now. It was as suspected, a filesystem path problem.
OK thanks, all icons loading for workbenches and their commands. Macro icons load fine unless the code comes across a macro that has something it doesn't like such as CentreOfMass https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Macro_CenterOfMass it doesn't skip past but produces no icons at all. I'll see if there's any others on my system that are in the Wiki that cause this issue.
mnesarco

Post by mnesarco »

Syres wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:16 am Macro icons load fine unless the code comes across a macro that has something it doesn't like such as CentreOfMass https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Macro_CenterOfMass it doesn't skip past but produces no icons at all. I'll see if there's any others on my system that are in the Wiki that cause this issue.
CenterOfMass has an online icon. i am only supporting local icons.

Code: Select all

__Icon__ = 'https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/images/d/d7/Centomass.png'
__Files__ = 'CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_import.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_compute.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_save.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_material.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_com.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_colorify.png'
Using online icons for macros is a bad practice because:
  1. Requires internet access
  2. Online resources can disappear without notice
  3. Performance problem if there are any network problem
What I recommend is to add Centomass.png to __Files__, and reference it as __Icon__='CenterOfMass/Centomass.png' so it will be installed and accessed locally.

Code: Select all

__Icon__ = 'CenterOfMass/Centomass.png'
__Files__ = 'CenterOfMass/Centomass.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_import.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_compute.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_save.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_material.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_com.png,CenterOfMass/Macro_CenterOfMass_colorify.png'
galou_breizh

Post by galou_breizh »

I think you forgot to mention that your Add-on is called MnesarcoUtils.

A personal remark. I tend to prefer the philosophy that each tool (or add-on) should fulfill one function but I fully understand that you don't want to publish many micro add-ons.

Thanks for all the work you accomplish for FreeCAD!
Gaël
mnesarco

Post by mnesarco »

galou_breizh wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:31 pm I think you forgot to mention that your Add-on is called MnesarcoUtils.

A personal remark. I tend to prefer the philosophy that each tool (or add-on) should fulfill one function but I fully understand that you don't want to publish many micro add-ons.

Thanks for all the work you accomplish for FreeCAD!
Gaël
Yes, this is a collection of unrelated utilities, so there is no better name at the moment. I have a lot of small quick and dirty utilities that I use in my workflow, MnesarcoUtils is an attempt to curate, and share some of them and an opportunity to do some QA.
mnesarco

Re: Mnesarco Utils Extension Pack (MnesarcoUtils)

Post by mnesarco »

Another utility will be published soon in the MnesarcoUtils: Template Models:

phpBB [video]
Outsourced

Post by Outsourced »

Hello Legand,
Just fired up FC0.20 & LS3704 & neither are registering MnesarcoUtils, in the add-on manager & I have the file onboard also which has been copied to both the Mods folder. I've really enjoyed using the slider (timer) it brought so much to FC hopefully it finds its way back?
mnesarco

Post by mnesarco »

Outsourced wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:38 am Hello Legand,
Just fired up FC0.20 & LS3704 & neither are registering MnesarcoUtils, in the add-on manager & I have the file onboard also which has been copied to both the Mods folder. I've really enjoyed using the slider (timer) it brought so much to FC hopefully it finds its way back?
Hello,
I don't know who is Legand, but I can find MnesarcoUtils in the AddonManager:

LinkStage3:
screenshot_4.png
screenshot_4.png (225.32 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
screenshot_5.png
screenshot_5.png (39.54 KiB) Viewed 1773 times

FreeCAD 0.20
screenshot_8.png
screenshot_8.png (209.03 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
screenshot_9.png
screenshot_9.png (119.59 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
screenshot_10.png
screenshot_10.png (164.78 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
mnesarco

Post by mnesarco »

Added an UI for unified manipulation of all timers in the document.
Selection_312.png
Selection_312.png (31.35 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
Selection_313.png
Selection_313.png (29 KiB) Viewed 1110 times