New Raytracing Workbench: POV-Ray-Rendering

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Petert

Re: New Raytracing Workbench for POV-Ray

Post by Petert »

Using the latest version:

Code: Select all

14:33:47  PovRay.Activated()
14:33:58  /home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Dialog.py:1647: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
  if self.inc is not None and self.inc is not "":  # only if include file is necessary
14:33:58  /home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Exporter.py:1579: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
  while code.find("/*") is not -1:
14:33:58  /home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Exporter.py:1583: SyntaxWarning: "is" with a literal. Did you mean "=="?
  if comEnd is -1:
14:33:58  /home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Exporter.py:1589: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
  while code.find("//") is not -1:
14:33:58  /home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Exporter.py:1593: SyntaxWarning: "is" with a literal. Did you mean "=="?
  if comEnd is -1:
14:33:58  Could not open ini file
14:34:37  Path to *.pov File: /home//Nextcloud/CNCMachine/models/USB/rendertest.pov
2 parent objects found in highest layer
containing totally 2 objects
Orthographic camera
OS: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) (XFCE/lightdm-xsession)
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 2020.11.12.22739 +2746 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: LinkStage3
Hash: b8e17ac7497f70d39e551bccc66e4c37f855fd32
Python version: 3.8.6
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
I am a refugee from Fusion 360. Switched over to FreeCAD and am spreading the word. After years of very little progress I switched again to another solution. I wish you all the best!
The_Raytracers

Post by The_Raytracers »

Petert wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:38 pm ...
Should be fixed now :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Petert

Post by Petert »

The_Raytracers wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:21 pm Should be fixed now :)
New error:
latest git version

20:57:46  Running the Python command 'AreaLightCommand' failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/LightCommands.py", line 70, in Activated
    AreaLight(light)
  File "/home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Lights.py", line 98, in __init__
    self.setProperties(obj)
  File "/home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Lights.py", line 124, in setProperties
    obj.addProperty("App::PropertyBool", "Area Illumination", "AreaLight", "TOOLTIP NEEDED").Area_Illumination = False

Invalid property name 'Area Illumination'
I am a refugee from Fusion 360. Switched over to FreeCAD and am spreading the word. After years of very little progress I switched again to another solution. I wish you all the best!
The_Raytracers

Post by The_Raytracers »

Petert wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:59 pm
The_Raytracers wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:21 pm Should be fixed now :)
New error:
latest git version

20:57:46  Running the Python command 'AreaLightCommand' failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/LightCommands.py", line 70, in Activated
    AreaLight(light)
  File "/home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Lights.py", line 98, in __init__
    self.setProperties(obj)
  File "/home//.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Lights.py", line 124, in setProperties
    obj.addProperty("App::PropertyBool", "Area Illumination", "AreaLight", "TOOLTIP NEEDED").Area_Illumination = False

Invalid property name 'Area Illumination'
Hm, I wasn't able to reproduce the error, but I assume, that the space is too much. I changed all necessary things and pushed it to a new branch, so that you can test. You can download it here: https://gitlab.com/usbhub/exporttopovra ... operyError

Greetings
The_Raytracers
The_Raytracers

Post by The_Raytracers »

Kunda1 wrote: ping
Hello,
I'm working on the wiki page to add new workbench to the addon manager. We have our repo on GitLab and not on GitHub as most of the external workbenches. Is this a problem, so that we have to move the repo to GitHub or can we stay on GitLab? (I ping you, because I saw, that you are very active in the forum, so I hope, that you know it :? )

Greetings
The_Raytracers
Petert

Post by Petert »

The_Raytracers wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:54 pm I changed all necessary things and pushed it to a new branch, so that you can test. You can download it here: https://gitlab.com/usbhub/exporttopovra ... operyError
It looks ok now, thanks for the quick fix!

11:00:47  Path to *.pov File: /home/x/Nextcloud/CNCMachine/models/Lens/Lens.pov
5 parent objects found in highest layer
containing totally 93 objects
Your model contains 72 objects which aren't supported (will be represented as mesh).
Orthographic camera
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

The_Raytracers wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:58 pm I'm working on the wiki page to add new workbench to the addon manager. We have our repo on GitLab and not on GitHub as most of the external workbenches. Is this a problem, so that we have to move the repo to GitHub or can we stay on GitLab? (I ping you, because I saw, that you are very active in the forum, so I hope, that you know it :? )
Hi, very cool project you got going on here. Can you notate https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-addons/issues/80 with your issue, please? We can continue the discussion there.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Petert

Post by Petert »

The_Raytracers wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:54 pm Hm, I wasn't able to reproduce the error, but I assume, that the space is too much. I changed all necessary things and pushed it to a new branch, so that you can test. You can download it here: https://gitlab.com/usbhub/exporttopovra ... operyError

It's back

21:50:55  Path to *.pov File: /home/x/Nextcloud/CNCMachine/models/Lens/Lens.pov
7 parent objects found in highest layer
containing totally 95 objects
Your model contains 72 objects which aren't supported (will be represented as mesh).
Perspective Camera

21:50:55  Traceback (most recent call last):
21:50:55    File "/home/x/.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Dialog.py", line 245, in onOk
21:50:55      self.exporter.initExport(self.renderSettings)
21:50:55    File "/home/x/.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Exporter.py", line 141, in initExport
21:50:55      self.startExport() #start the export
21:50:55    File "/home/x/.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Exporter.py", line 165, in startExport
21:50:55      objPovCode += self.createPovCode(obj, True, True, True, True, True, True)
21:50:55    File "/home/x/.FreeCAD/Mod/exporttopovray/Exporter.py", line 681, in createPovCode
21:50:55      if fcObj.Area_Illumination:
21:50:55  AttributeError: 'FeaturePython' object has no attribute 'Area_Illumination'
The_Raytracers

Post by The_Raytracers »

Petert wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:53 pm It's back
This is code from master without the bugfix, the bugfix branch wasn't merged, now it is. So now it should be fixed on master too. It can be, that you have to delete and insert the area light again, because the property name has changed.

Greetings
The_Raytracers
The_Raytracers

Post by The_Raytracers »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:30 pm Hi, very cool project you got going on here. Can you notate https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-addons/issues/80 with your issue, please? We can continue the discussion there.
There should be a new comment now :)
Thanks for your interest!