Forum migration

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Forum migration

Post by yorik »

Okay I managed to set that new users must have their first post approved. Let's see if it will work...
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I also experienced problems with login (the forum doesn't always remember my login) so I made some changes to the cookie settings... Tell me if something goes wrong
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

yorik wrote:I also experienced problems with login (the forum doesn't always remember my login) so I made some changes to the cookie settings... Tell me if something goes wrong
Sorry, but I am unable to report anything wrong with the new settings. In fact, it would appear that you fixed whatever was wrong with the auto login. It is now working just as it should for me. :D

I know it has not been a completely painless process migrating to the new server, (it never is), but you all have done a marvelous job with it. Well done!

Now about the only thing we need to get done is to move forward with the proposal normandc has made.

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

quick61 wrote:Now about the only thing we need to get done is to move forward with the proposal normandc has made.
Done!
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

What about the fixed 1024 pixels width? The idea was to give the forum a bit more the same look as the rest of the freecadweb.org world 8-) But some of you apparently prefer the full-width version. Any other opinion? Not sure if there is a way to let the user choose a theme...

About file extensions, I think there is no problem adding those... I'll see to it.

About Norm's permissions, should be fixed now. Apparently I did it wrong on the old site. I also granted moderator status to some people I seem to remember who had it on the older forum.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

yorik wrote:Not sure if there is a way to let the user choose a theme...
Yes! You can now go to your user control board and use another theme.
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

Personally, I think there is something to be said about the uniform look and feel of a site. Starting out at the FreeCAD Homepage, every link, with the exception of Git repository (external) has a rather smooth visual feel to it. Navagating from the Homepage to the Wiki, to Mantis, and here to the Forum is pretty much visually collimated. Nice, clean, professional looking.

My $0.02 worth.

Thank's for the new top level organization as suggested by normandc. I'll be taking advantage of the new Python forum as soon as I get my questions in order. ;) Looks good!

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Great to see the forum moved to freecadweb.org. For me everything seams to word fine. How about giving the Arch an own forum part like FEM, Assembly, Cam and part design in the new forum?

Bernd
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

berndhahnebach wrote:How about giving the Arch an own forum part like FEM, Assembly, Cam and part design in the new forum?
At the moment there is not much discussion going on about the arch module, but why not! Indeed it might be easier to find stuff back later on...
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

+1
Stop whining - start coding!