Render workbench

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: Render workbench

Post by triplus »

Maybe some day FreeCAD will have a viewport like Eevee in Blender. And therefore taking a screenshot would usually do. ;)
DreiD21

Post by DreiD21 »

Did this thing ever get to work?

Every time I click "Render", Visual Studio opens and no rendering actually occur. I'm using FreeCAD 0.19 oon Windosw 10.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

this thread is not active. Just open a ticket on https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-render/issues
Make sure to always paste your full About info when asking for assistance or reporting bugs. Good luck
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Varnu01

Post by Varnu01 »

Invite to FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference 2023

Good Day @yorik

My name is Varnu Govender, I am the assistant to Dr du Plessis at the University of Pretoria, South Africa.

We are organizing the 1st Annual FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference, which is set to take place in Early 2023.

I have taken interest in your Workbench, and I would love if you could present your work at the conference.

You are welcome to present your workbench in the following manner:
  • Introduction/Overview of your Workbench
  • Run-down on how the workbench operates through the user interface and backend.
  • A tutorial demonstrating the full functionality of the workbench.
  • A showcase of something that has been created/modelled in the workbench.
In addition to this, if you know somebody that might be interested in presenting their work during the conference, please could you refer them to me (@Varnu01.)

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Varnu Govender
FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference 2023. Register Here

Nikra-DAP FreeCAD Workbench
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Varnu01 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:13 pm Invite to FreeCAD (and Free CAE) Users Conference 2023
You have now invited quite some speakers. Having myself organized conferences before I see a serious time schedule problem, if all speakers confirm. I mean you can't uninvite them, and you probably want some non invited contributions too. From my experience they are usually the majority.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Varnu01

Post by Varnu01 »

chrisb wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:51 pm You have now invited quite some speakers. Having myself organized conferences before I see a serious time schedule problem, if all speakers confirm. I mean you can't uninvite them, and you probably want some non invited contributions too. From my experience they are usually the majority.

Hi @Chrisb,
As the conference is only set to take place in 2023, we are still building a programme for all the sessions.

However, even though it is a conference we do plan on making all the content presented available for perusal by the FreeCAD community. More info will be made available on our plans in due course. Hence, it is in our hope that if we do have a high number of speakers, we are able to avoid any scheduling issues and also allow the community to be able to explore FreeCAD long after the conference is concluded.

yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hi Varnu,

Sorry I didn't reply to your emails yet... I'd be glad to, but I'd like to know more about the event, what format you are expecting, etc. Also, is the even public/open? Will the presentations be released and available to the public outside the conference?
Varnu01

Post by Varnu01 »

yorik wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:47 am What format you are expecting, etc. Also, is the even public/open? Will the presentations be released and available to the public outside the conference?
Hi Yorik,

Thank you so much for your response.

The conference will take place on a virtual platform called HopIn, it has specialized technology for what we are trying to do. However, all content from the conference will be nicely 'packaged' and made available to the general public, we are thinking of putting together a well-thought out Forum Thread and maybe extending that to other platforms to make the content easily accessible.

In order to present/attend the conference you would need to register (this will be announced in a few months time), however we arent just inviting FreeCAD creators and general users, we have opened invitations to international universities and schools that deal with Open Source CAD and CAE tools as well as companies that utilize these tools in their daily workflow. We have received responses from a few of the above mentioned and we will continue to generate interest as the year goes on.

The purpose of the conference is to:
1. Allow creators/contributors to network with one another, learn and even work with each other.
2. To allow users to be exposed to the full range that FreeCAD can offer or could potentially offer. This also ties in with the fact that we want this conference to be annual so that we can keep the users up to date with the new features.

I hope this answers your questions and feel free to drop me an email or pm. I have reached out to the broader FPA but have received no response, it would be great to have everyone's support.

Regards
Varnu

F_Rosa

Post by F_Rosa »

I posted an announcement about a new Movie Workbench (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=74432) to produce videos in the FC, it uses the Render Workbench resources. I would like to know your opinions, impressions and suggestions.

Thanks!