Manipulator WorkBench

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Zolko
Veteran

Re: Manipulator WorkBench

Post by Zolko »

easyw-fc wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:57 pm do you really think I'm not listening to users?
yes. You try to convince me that I shouldn't feel the way I feel about the user interface. And instead of answering my question you tell me to look it up in Google:

Zolko wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:23 pm how do you generate the embedded icons ?
you can get a tip from the tools code:

Code: Select all

####################################
# embedded button images
import base64
# "b64_data" is a variable containing your base64 encoded jpeg/svg
and from G
https://www.google.com/search?&q=python ... +svg+image
i.e.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/637 ... a-css-file

import base64
encoded = base64.b64encode(open("filename.png", "rb").read())
and in my previous post the decode option
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

Zolko wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:09 pm
easyw-fc wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:57 pm do you really think I'm not listening to users?
yes. You try to convince me that I shouldn't feel the way I feel about the user interface. And instead of answering my question you tell me to look it up in Google:

Zolko wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:23 pm how do you generate the embedded icons ?
you can get a tip from the tools code:

####################################
# embedded button images
import base64
# "b64_data" is a variable containing your base64 encoded jpeg/svg
and from G
https://www.google.com/search?&q=python ... +svg+image
i.e.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/637 ... a-css-file

import base64
encoded = base64.b64encode(open("filename.png", "rb").read())
and in my previous post the decode option
No comment... :|
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

f3nix wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:40 am Thanks! :)
Have a good one.

Cheers,
Mateusz
Hi Mateusz,
I've merged the latest HDPI improvements plus some tweaks for Qt5.6 & FC0.18 issue found here:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?p=348981
I've also added credits to you in the code :D (thx for your support)

Please have a try

Maurice
f3nix

Post by f3nix »

Hello Maurice.

easyw-fc wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 pm I've also added credits to you in the code :D (thx for your support)
Thanks! :) I'm glad I could help.

easyw-fc wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 pm Please have a try
Will do as soon as possible.

Thanks again! :)

Cheers,
Mateusz
a123qwertz567

Post by a123qwertz567 »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I would PM the dev of the WB but I am to new to use this feature here :)

I got a problem with the UI. I am using the 0.19pre version. When I activate the manipulator WB, the control window/frame does not show up. The report view says it is active. I had this issue sometime ago and the control window//frame of the WB was hidden behind another window/frame. But know I can not find it this time. Is there any shortcut to summon the windows/frame back to the front?
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

a123qwertz567 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:46 am I got a problem with the UI. I am using the 0.19pre version. When I activate the manipulator WB, the control window/frame does not show up. The report view says it is active. I had this issue sometime ago and the control window//frame of the WB was hidden behind another window/frame. But know I can not find it this time. Is there any shortcut to summon the windows/frame back to the front?
It may happen using dual monitors...
in the Manipulator WB ToolBar there is a button to re-center all the dialogs/widgets... or in the Manipulator WB Menu there is an item 'Centering Widgets'
a123qwertz567

Post by a123qwertz567 »

easyw-fc wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:58 pm
a123qwertz567 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:46 am I got a problem with the UI. I am using the 0.19pre version. When I activate the manipulator WB, the control window/frame does not show up. The report view says it is active. I had this issue sometime ago and the control window//frame of the WB was hidden behind another window/frame. But know I can not find it this time. Is there any shortcut to summon the windows/frame back to the front?
It may happen using dual monitors...
in the Manipulator WB ToolBar there is a button to re-center all the dialogs/widgets... or in the Manipulator WB Menu there is an item 'Centering Widgets'
Now I feel stupid. It was hidden behind the youtube fullscreen windows -.-'' Thank you for the clue.
dferbas

Post by dferbas »

Hi, really well done.

I have a board, exported from Altium, and I like to animate its movement. I am able to program animation with FreeCAD objects, which have obj.Placement.Base properties. But Altium STEP is imported as hierarchical part like structure with NoType objects. However these can be manipulated manually by changing Placement property from Combo View or with your Manipulator WB, I like to move them with Python code.

I am new to Python, so I tried object casting, I was looking for API commands in the Python console, I browsed for Manipulator API, I checked the Aligner.py, but this is too complex for me. Should I switch to Assembly 3 with its separated builds, should I switch to Assembly 4 or is there a way, how to use the Manipulator code from a macro inside FreeCAD?

Regards Dusan
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Welcome to FreeCAD. :)

Please post your FreeCAD version data in the manner explained in the Forum Rules link above the Help menu.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Manipulator just modifies the placement, so I f you already know how to animate from Python, you can modify that too. If you want to move certain objects together, put them in a common Part container and move that.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.