Manipulator WorkBench

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
manos

Re: Manipulator WorkBench

Post by manos »

So simple . Too good to be true !
I will try it.
Thanks easyw-fc .
manos

Post by manos »

Last edited by manos on Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manos

Post by manos »

easyw-fc wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:31 pm Simply de-select App::Part hierarchy checkbox
Sorry easyw-fc ,bad news.
I de-select the part-container and I selected only one edge of one object -box- : Both objects, both bodies move simultaneously using Manipulator Mover .
Any workaround ?
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

manos wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:47 pm Sorry easyw-fc ,bad news.
I de-select the part-container and I selected only one edge of one object -box- : Both objects, both bodies move simultaneously using Manipulator Mover .
Any workaround ?
please post the FC file and possibly a screencast of what is not working as desired
manos

Post by manos »

easyw-fc this the problematic file.
Thanks for the response.
Attachments
Basic Attachment Tutorial 1.FCStd
(62.04 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

manos wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:30 am easyw-fc this the problematic file.
Thanks for the response.
Hi
I tried with your file but Mover seems too work correctly...
manos

Post by manos »

Thanks easyw-fc.
I will send you the screencast.
manos

Post by manos »

manos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:25 pm I have a part-container with two bodies inside. Is there any way to move one body only using Manipulator?
I am stupid.
I have just to uncheck the hierarchy button.
Thanks easyw-fc
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Just a quick couple of questions/thoughts.

There is a rather lengthy thread discussing the placement of imported objects. Particularly why they move back to their original location if they are dropped into a Part Design Body. https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=59269

When, for example, an stl is converted to a shape/solid it is rather easy to move the object's center of mass or bounding box to the origin. (I think Manipulator will only handle bounding box...?)

It would be nice if, on a tessellated shape/solid, to be able to select, say three vertexes or edges that represent, say a hole for a shaft, and be able to move the object from the extrapolated center of the selected vertex or edges to the origin (or any other specified place).

Is this possible with Manipulator at this point? I've not figured it out if it can.

If not, is it possible to add such features?

easyw-fc wrote: pinged by pinger macro
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

drmacro wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:33 pm When, for example, an stl is converted to a shape/solid it is rather easy to move the object's center of mass or bounding box to the origin. (I think Manipulator will only handle bounding box...?)

It would be nice if, on a tessellated shape/solid, to be able to select, say three vertexes or edges that represent, say a hole for a shaft, and be able to move the object from the extrapolated center of the selected vertex or edges to the origin (or any other specified place).

Is this possible with Manipulator at this point? I've not figured it out if it can.

If not, is it possible to add such features?
Hi @drmacro
ATM it is not possible to handle the center of a mesh shape, coming from 3 points... (I'm not using mesh objects in my normal workflow)

I'm thinking to add a function to create a point at the approximate center, and attach it to a new added 'Part' container...
From there on, it would be possible to Align the 'Part' container using the new created 'center-point' as reference.
Would be it a useful workflow?