Feature Request: Default Font path + Sketch text

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Feature Request: Default Font path + Sketch text

Post by adrianinsaval »

Draft WB has a command to convert a shape to sketch
iplayfast

Post by iplayfast »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:19 pm Draft WB has a command to convert a shape to sketch
Thanks, that's very helpful.
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

iplayfast wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:43 pm ...
This is not a good solution compared to what I'm suggesting. IE. while in the sketch, click on text, add the text and it shows up as lines/arcs all relative to the construction box.
Probably I've interpreted wrong the purpose of a Sketch.

If you add separate polylines to a Sketch from what I know you are doing something that is "conceptual not in line" with the perspective of Sketch as a base of a feature in Part Design WB.

As you risk to violate the rule of a single body.

Probably a solution would be to add a Shapestring button to Part Design and probably the code should check something to avoid the creation of multiple bodies.

But as it is feasible now the added code should simply calls already present functions.

In this perspective an unique preference about "locations of fonts files" would be advisable to reduce complexity.

This is not solving however the problem of different OS conventions about fonts.

Maybe as done for Macros adding under "FreeCAD user
directory" a Fonts subdir where maybe symlinks to fonts files could be placed will be a uniform solution, and this permit to keep custom fonts outside systems fonts path.

But this is not solving copyright related considerations.

Regards

Carlo D.

But this
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/