New macro " Wise2", targeting effeciency and sketch + feature

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freedman
Veteran

Re: New macro " Wise2", targeting effeciency and sketch + feature

Post by freedman »

I'm about done with this macro. I will do a couple dialog changes, I want to optimize a few of the check boxes but that's it.

One thing I found is using OpenSCAD mouse-mode gives me 3D rotation ability in Sketcher so that's really cool. It's kind of tricky to use but the developers did a great job squeezing in both screen rotation and sketching with no mode change. :)

I will say my experiment is a success, I would guess that using this concept macro could save a couple hours a days while designing. I'm not knocking what is there, sometimes I use the standard tools but having used the macro with one-click feature creation, I like it.

With the one click new Document, one-click Body, one click Sketch and Feature and OpenSCAD, I am addicted to this tool and there's no going back.
Thanks
yoshua

Post by yoshua »

Super useful macro! Top job!
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

Thanks. I have more work to do on the macro. It works well on building Bodies stand alone, but I need to add some code to make it work with Bodies that are in Part containers and are turned off axis.