Keeping Sketch features selected after applying constaint

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
PedjaS

Keeping Sketch features selected after applying constaint

Post by PedjaS »

It is quite often I have to apply few constraints on the same feature(s). Sketch keeps deselecting features after constraint is applied so I have to select them again and again. This is bit tedious especially if more features need to be selected, and especially ones that are bit hard to select as they are small or hidden behind something else.

Is there possibility to have it not deselect features? I can always deselect them by clicking in empty space if I do not need them any more.
drmacro
Veteran

Re: Keeping Sketch features selected after applying constaint

Post by drmacro »

Can you provide a specific use case where this workflow is used?

I'm just having trouble visualizing a selection where multiple constraints would be applied to the same selection.

Could be I've just not had enough coffee yet. :mrgreen:
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
PedjaS

Post by PedjaS »

Horizontal or vertical constraint and dimension constraint, especially if it is two points involved.

Horizontal or vertical constraint and symmetric constraint involving three points

Horizontal or vertical constraint on two points, then setting dimension and then adding third point to selection to make symmetry.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I sometimes would like to have this as well. But much more often it is better the way it is, because more often I want to continue with a different selection.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
PedjaS

Post by PedjaS »

You can always click in empty space and deselect whatever is selected.

This behavior could, of course, be optional.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

PedjaS wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:56 pm You can always click in empty space and deselect whatever is selected.
I know but many easy-to-do-clicks may still outwheigh rare difficult ones.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
alanscodelog

Post by alanscodelog »

Found this post looking for if someone has requested this. I find myself wanting this all the time. Or at least some way to reselect the last selection. It's very annoying when you have several lines and want to apply multiple constraints (for me it's often horz/vert + equality + toggle construction). For example, I just did this, constraining how far away a circle is from two edges using construction lines (tho maybe there's a better way?). Was also really annoying when I did some tolerance tests, where there were many shapes of different sizes and I wanted to space them a certain distance from each other.