Suggestion for navigation mode (fly mode) complementary.

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
josema

Suggestion for navigation mode (fly mode) complementary.

Post by josema »

Hello. I suggest the following navigation mode :
The user will be using the navigation mode that is selected (for example, CAD navigation mode) and also could use a complementary navigation mode (fly mode) (activating and desactivating it with a determinated key combination), and the user can use both navigation modes simultaneously.

This complementary navigation mode (fly mode) could be of this way :
With the movement of the mouse, the angle of the direction vector of the view will change (like in a FPS videogame).
With the following keys will happen a movement of the view point :
- KEY "A" : The view point will move to the left direction (according to the direction vector of the view) (as long as it is pressed).
- KEY "D" : The view point will move to he right direction (according to the direction vector of the view) (while it is pressed)
- KEY "W" : The view point will move to the up direction (according to the direction vector of the view) (while it is pressed)
- KEY "S" : The view point will move to the down direction (according to the direction vector of the view) (while it is pressed)
- KEY "R" : The view point will move forward (according to the direction vector of the view).
- KEY "F" : The view point will move backward (according to the direction vector of the view).
I believe that this working mode will be very similar to several or plenty of FPS videogames, and I believe that it would be very useful to the user to go observing in detail (and quickly) the graphic that is creating.

For example, I suggest the following : with the key combination KEY "Ctrl" + KEY "F" + KEY "M" (pressing key "Ctrl" and key "F" and key "M" simultaneously) this navigation mode (fly mode) will be activate, and pressing the same key combination this navigation mode (fly mode) will be desactivate. (By this way the mouse will return to its normal usage : to move the pointer / cursor in the screen).

* NOTE : I am a new user of Freecad. I already know that exist several macros that make something very similar to my suggest, but I probed two macros and didn't work (The Python Console showed errors in the code and I couldn't solve them. I believe that plenty of new users will have the same problem).
I think that this feature would be very interesting / useful and I believe that it would be better that FreeCAD include it by default (and not as external macros or plugins).

* NOTE : I am spanish, forgive me my english language knowledge.