FreeCAD - Mac Monterey - Different Start Page

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wsmax

FreeCAD - Mac Monterey - Different Start Page

Post by wsmax »

Start Page is blank on Monterey 12.4 Addon README.md webview is also blank on Monterey.

0.21 weekly as of July 8, Also 0.20 release, but not 0.20 beta. (beta shows Recent Files and Documents)
Attachments
Linux-FreeCAD Start Page.jpg
Linux-FreeCAD Start Page.jpg (71.24 KiB) Viewed 406 times
FreeCAD-0.2.1-Monterrey.jpg
FreeCAD-0.2.1-Monterrey.jpg (120.46 KiB) Viewed 406 times
JohnOCFII

Re: FreeCAD - Mac Monterey - Different Start Page

Post by JohnOCFII »

Do you have "Use software OpenGL" selected in some of those situations? Are some the Conda build, and some the Homebrew build? It seems with the Conda builds (generally, the "main" FreeCAD builds for Mac) that you need to have "Use software OpenGL" selected for the Start page to be populated, while the Homebrew builds do not require it.

Just a user here -- not sure what should be considered correct, or what the future direction holds for this item.

See also this Github thread: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/issu ... 1114035914

John
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 8.49.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 8.49.24 AM.png (302.3 KiB) Viewed 396 times
wsmax

Post by wsmax »

That worked! Thankd!

It works on Catalina without that flag.
wsmax

Post by wsmax »

Re: the Github conversation. Using 5.15 to compile with, from my recent struggles, if you are interested. Otherwise ignore.

Qt 5.15 changes enough from 5.12 where you may have some issues with building. You may have to specify C++14 to get some issues resolved.
5.x (not remembering) used qDebug*** and 5.15 uses QDebug***, and the compiler version matters to get this sorted.

In addition, 6.2 WebEngine callback crashes and burns during debug when certain callbacks are used, although it will appear to run when not debugging. This is on Monterey.

I had troubles with 6.x not compiling because something Qt did with macros breaks fences if you ever #define nullptr 0. You will get an error of a redefinition of something from the very same file including itself (which should have been fenced #ifndef aa #define aa #endif).

In addition, due to the fence issues for Qt's own header files !, my previously compiling 5.x system failed to compile (after removing of nullptr) due to redefinitions. I had to remove all #includes and put them back in one at a time to get the compile to work. Order of include was extremely important. C++14 or C++17 was required.