Fusion360 has hiked its prices once again. Brace yourselves, CADfugees are coming

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: Fusion360 has hiked its prices once again. Brace yourselves, CADfugees are coming

Post by Roy_043 »

I also like the text by @obelisk79. Thanks for that.

The one issue I have is that there is the suggestion that Preference packs can be used to customize the GUI. I think this is only partly true. I don't think it can be used for a custom icon theme at the moment.
obelisk79
Veteran

Re: Fusion360 has hiked its prices once again. Brace yourselves, CADfugees are coming

Post by obelisk79 »

Roy_043 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:29 am I also like the text by @obelisk79. Thanks for that.

The one issue I have is that there is the suggestion that Preference packs can be used to customize the GUI. I think this is only partly true. I don't think it can be used for a custom icon theme at the moment.
There is room for growth in icon sets, but the statement still holds true I think.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I have made the general topic sticky here in the Open discussion forum, although I'm not a big fan of many sticky topics. They may be convenient for a first timer, but we shouldn't forget all the longterm users of FreeCAD and this forum. For them it means less overview and more scrolling.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
obelisk79
Veteran

Post by obelisk79 »

chrisb wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:38 am I'm not a big fan of many sticky topics
I agree, I think this new sticky may help to slow down some of the flame posts though which often clutter up the forums.

the "Call for screenshots" thread should be isolated to the showcase forum, currently it is mirrored both here and there which seem redundant. That would clear up one.

Also a reconsideration of the community opinion polling sticky thread. It was a good idea, but 4 months without any activity....?
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

I think it is effective as it will stop people posting angry rants, but I doubt anyone who wants to rant will read it. :lol:
They will be like cheeze they have put a lot of effert against ranting and I'm just gonna leave now.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

@Kunda1 please advise, what should be done with the FreeCAD_Managing_Expectations Wiki page?
kwahoo

Post by kwahoo »

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:45 pm Edit: Also FreeCAD_Managing_Expectations
There is an issue with the yellow frame. Non-English pages show old, untraslated version of it. English version:
June 29, 2022: We understand that recently some [insert vendor name] has raised their prices again (this is becoming a yearly thing).
Non-English:
June 29, 2022: We understand that Fusion360 has raised their prices again (this is becoming a yearly thing).
The frame is not visible for translation too.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Roy_043 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:42 am @Kunda1 please advise, what should be done with the FreeCAD_Managing_Expectations Wiki page?
Waiting to see if @obelisk79 will edit it
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
obelisk79
Veteran

Post by obelisk79 »

@Kunda1

I think my first response might have got 'lost in the sauce'.
obelisk79 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:17 pm Sure, I need a wiki account though. Do you want me to just have mostly just mimic my post or something more?
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

There is also the Workarounds page that may help these, and other, CADfugees. Please add any workarounds that you may know.