Fusion360 has hiked its prices once again. Brace yourselves, CADfugees are coming

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
obelisk79
Veteran

Re: Fusion360 has hiked its prices once again. Brace yourselves, CADfugees are coming

Post by obelisk79 »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:13 pm
I think my eyes just got turned around looking over the text. I drafted this up in notepad on my work computer. I've made some corrections, formatting updates and added some learning resources.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Fusion360 has hiked its prices once again. Brace yourselves, CADfugees are coming

Post by Kunda1 »

+1
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
obelisk79
Veteran

Post by obelisk79 »

If no one has any objections over the next 12 hours I'll post this to a new thread and ask for it to be stickied. Not sure if it should get locked or just be left open to let people suggest updates/changes to it.
Last edited by obelisk79 on Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

@obelisk79
Would you be interested in updating the wiki page?
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
obelisk79
Veteran

Post by obelisk79 »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:15 pm @obelisk79
Would you be interested in updating the wiki page?
Sure, I'll need an account though. Do you want me to just have it mimic my post or something more?
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

speaking of pinning threads IMO it would be a good idea to also pin IMPORTANT: Please read first before asking for help in all user forums or at least on open discussion were many people end up posting help requests
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

adrianinsaval wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:19 pm speaking of pinning threads IMO it would be a good idea to also pin IMPORTANT: Please read first before asking for help in all user forums or at least on open discussion were many people end up posting help requests
Done
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

thanks, hopefully at least some more people will read it
KurtF

Post by KurtF »

This thread shows pretty cool FreeCAD teamwork. It also reminds me of the mid '80s when AOL was dumping hundreds of thousands of first-time home internet users onto an internet mostly dominated by academics. Boy, those were the days, huh?

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:13 pm 'realistic expectations of what will be encountered when diving in to the 'FreeCAD Way'.
You could manage expectations somewhat before a new downloader of FC reads any forum or wiki pages. Rename it from FreeCAD to VolunteerCAD.

Or for those of us who speak snark: UnpaidDeveloperCAD. :-)
May whatever Higher Power you believe in bless the Ukrainians. They are a decent people who never hurt anybody.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

sliptonic wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:09 pm I'm paraphrasing here but It's a step too far to say, "I don't like what YOU wrote so YOU need to rewrite it until I'M happy with it."
Just or the record, I did already rewrite a portion of the page, trying to tone things down. My hope was that this would 'inspire' Kunda.
See: https://wiki.freecadweb.org/index.php?t ... on=history