Flamingo & Dodo workbench(s) discussion thread

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
doubters

Re: Flamingo & Dodo workbench(s) discussion thread

Post by doubters »

At the moment, I found this way for myself. But I believe that the counting process should be automated.
Attachments
video.gif
video.gif (925.32 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
MrRossi

Post by MrRossi »

Hello to All

These days I worked a bit with the workbench.
I found a problem with the "Insert elbow" dialog. Probably it`s not a problem, rather I`m doing something wrong.
It happened a few times, that if I use the "Insert Elbow" dialog to trim pipe to a elbow, the wrong side of the pipe
was trimmed and I found no possibility to trim the other side of the pipe.

Is there any "trick" to get the correct side trimmed.

Thanks a lot

Chris

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18760 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: ef73ab5f3a330d3c44138f23290f8c9f7a334caf
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
Attachments
After trimming
After trimming
After.jpg (36.6 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
Before trimming
Before trimming
Before.jpg (35.38 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
oddtopus

Post by oddtopus »

MrRossi wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:59 am Hello to All

These days I worked a bit with the workbench.
I found a problem with the "Insert elbow" dialog. [..]
It happened a few times, that if I use the "Insert Elbow" dialog to trim pipe to a elbow, the wrong side of the pipe
was trimmed and I found no possibility to trim the other side of the pipe.

Is there any "trick" to get the correct side trimmed.
[..]
Dear @MrRossi, that happens when one of the intersecting pipes is shorter than the bending radius. It is related how the script computes the placement of the elbow.
To heal that try using the tool "Fit one elbow" selecting the two pipes and the bend. Another way to get rid of it is to create a "pypeBranch" on a drafted poly-line (either DWire or Sketch). If nothing works there are other tools in the workbench that may help to first place the elbow accurately and then trim the pipes with more patience. :)
doubters wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:21 am Can I get a project report like the one in the image?
Dear @doubters, did you try the button "Part List" in the PypeLine Manager dialog?
If you build your pipes inside one PypeLine container, you will be able to export the bill of material (with the relevant data of each component) in a .csv file. Then you can open it with Gnumeric or Excel (for instance) and edit it as you wish.

Ciao
doubters

Post by doubters »

oddtopus wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 pm Dear @doubters, did you try the button "Part List" in the PypeLine Manager dialog?
If you build your pipes inside one PypeLine container, you will be able to export the bill of material (with the relevant data of each component) in a .csv file. Then you can open it with Gnumeric or Excel (for instance) and edit it as you wish.

Ciao
Thanks!
MrRossi

Post by MrRossi »

[..]
[/quote]
Dear @MrRossi, that happens when one of the intersecting pipes is shorter than the bending radius. It is related how the script computes the placement of the elbow.
To heal that try using the tool "Fit one elbow" selecting the two pipes and the bend. Another way to get rid of it is to create a "pypeBranch" on a drafted poly-line (either DWire or Sketch). If nothing works there are other tools in the workbench that may help to first place the elbow accurately and then trim the pipes with more patience. :)

Thanks for help.

Servus
Chris
m.cavallerin

Post by m.cavallerin »

Hi,

I'm testing the Dodo WB, I want to ask if there is a tool to trim beams according to the picture.
Screenshot from 2020-02-08 18-00-04.png
Screenshot from 2020-02-08 18-00-04.png (9.55 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
The green beam should be trimmed as it is shown.

Thx

Michele
m.cavallerin

Post by m.cavallerin »

Hi,

just another question; I found out that the only way to make a hole is to use the part WB and boolean operation; am I right?

The Structure Elements do not work as for bodies entities of Part Design?

Thx.

Michele
mrnobody

Post by mrnobody »

Hi there! I'm very new in Freecad.
I would like to ask about Dodo WB.
I have a problem with joining of edges of the beams.
When I made the beams over the sketch lines, the leading lines are in the center of the beems.
When I join the edges, the guidelines is not in the in the center already. Then I save the document and close it, but when I open it again, the beams are reset.
Is it a bug or it have to be done something after the joining of the edges?

Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Locale: Bulgarian/Bulgaria (bg_BG)
Untitled-1.png
Untitled-1.png (93.16 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
Roland

Post by Roland »

Dear Dodo and/or Flamingo,

I am trying to make a beam structure for the shown box. I have added some beams to give you an idea of my intentions. There are a lot more beams to follow. The dark blue beams and the box are now drawn as separate Bodies in Part Design WB. An alternative is to sweep a profile along the edges. Rather complicated and a lot of work.
2020-02-23 12_52_06-Window.png
2020-02-23 12_52_06-Window.png (37.67 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
Therefore, I am trying to learn Dodo / Flamingo.

But I am getting stuck after many hours of trying. Including watching and reading tutorials. So I am asking your advice.

A first item that goes wrong is this:

If I select the single top edge (of 1 side only!) where the row of beams is to be placed, this is the result: 48 beams! I need only 1!
2020-02-23 12_55_43-Window.png
2020-02-23 12_55_43-Window.png (61.67 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
What can I do to make the single top edge valid only?

(More issues to follow, e.g. about makeing the beams longer etc. ) (one at a time)

Greetz from Roland, on:

Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)
Attachments
test.FCStd
(123.24 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
REl

Post by REl »

Hallo,
ich finde den Arbeitsbereich sehr gut umgesetzt.
Vor Weg meine Aussagen haben nicht den Anspruch auf Vollständigkeit und bilden meine Persönlichen Erfahrungen ab. Können und sollen weiterentwickelt werden! Auch sind weitere Detailierung in einer Diskussion sicher sinnvoll.

Ich bin aus dem Anlagenbau und würde gerne unterstützen und Anregungen geben. Aus meiner Erfahrung heraus fehlen noch einige Sachen. Leider kann ich nicht coden und auf der Qualität werde ich das auf die Schnelle auch nicht lernen. Gerne liefere ich Ideen für ein übergeordnetes Konzept für parametrische Bauteile. Auch kann ich Geometriedaten für Normteile /Fittinge liefern.
Um eine oder mehrere Workbenches für den Anlagenbau zu erstellen macht es Sinn sich einen Idealisierten Workflow mal anzusehen und diesen so zu implementieren, dass man Ihn folgen kann aber nicht muss.
Im Anlagenbau werden Anlagen stufenweise entwickelt.
Am Anfang steht eine Idee oder Konzept das mit einem Blockfliessbild (BFD) dargestellt wird.
Wenn die Idee beschrieben wurde und man den Produktaustrag einer Anlage bestimmt hat, sind die Menge der Rohrprodukte und die für die Umsetzung benötigten Energien zu bestimmen und zu berechnen auch werden die grundlegende Funktionsweise der Schaltungslogik entworfen. Die Ergebnisse werden in einem Prozessfliessbild (PFD) festgehalten.
Aus dem Prozessfliessbild werden die Equipments ausgelegt und ausgewählt, die Rohrleitungsdimension vorauslegt und Armaturen und Instrumente bestimmt. Das Ergebnis wird Rohrleitungs- und Instrumentierungsdiagram (PID) festgehalten.
Parallel zur PID Erstellung wird in der Regel die Anlagenautomation Konzipiert und Umgesetzt.
Wenn die PIDs einen gewissen Stand erreicht haben, wird ein grundsätzliches Anlagenlayout erstellt meistens in 2D. Wobei die Komponenten am Angang nur als Rechtecke oder Quader und Kreis oder Zylinder da gestellt werden. Für die Rohrleitungsführung und Kabeltrassen werden Trassen bestimmt und entsprechend mit Platzhaltern dargestellt.

Die 3D Planung
Der Anlagenbau ist Multidisziplinär und verlang von den Beteiligten ein hohes Mass an Kommunikationsbereitschaft. Gebäudeplanung, Stahlbauplaner, Anlagenplaner, MSR-Technik und TGA-Planer müssen sauber zusammen arbeiten.
Am Anfang der 3D-Phase solle unbedingt ein Anlagen und Gebäude Nullpunkt und Norden bestimmt werden auf den sich alle Zeichnungen beziehen.
Nachdem die Equipments positioniert wurden und das Hauptrouting festgelegt ist kann der Gebäudeplaner die Bauauslegung Durchführung die Ergebnisse müssen zum Anlagenplaner zurück gemeldet werden. Ggf. ist die Aufstellung anzupassen.
Die Rohrleitungen können nun geplant werden im Idealfall anhand von Rohrklassen. In der Regel werden nur Störkanten Model der Bauteile verwendet z.B sind Rohre nur Zylinder und haben nur als Metadaten die Information über Wandstärke und Material usw. Schrauben werden auch nicht Graphisch platziert sondern nur als Datensatz an die Verbindung gehängt. Die Fertiger können in der Regel nichts mit dem 3D Model anfangen hierfür sind Fertigungszeichnungen notwendig. Im Rohrleitungsbau sind Isometrieen üblich. Diese werden meist mit Isogen von Hexagon erstellt. Mir bekannte Ausnahme ist Plant 3D von Autodesk die haben Ihr eigene Isometrie Tool.

Zeichnungen die im Laufe des Projektes erstellt werden:
2D - Teil
1. Blockfliessbild / BFD
Ziel: Struktur und Ablauf des Prozesses darzustellen

2. Prozessfliessbilder / PFDs
Ziel: Detaillierte Prozessschritte mit Mengenangaben der Medien und der benötigten Energien.

3. Rohrleitungs- und Instrumentierungsdiagram / PIDs
Ziel: Detaillierte Prozessschritte mit Equipment, Instrumentierung und Rohrleitungen.
Wird für die Erstellung...
..von Stücklisten verwendet um Komponenten bestellen zu können.
..von Listen für Wartungsanweisungen
..Schnittstellenlisten für das MSR Abteilung
..und und und

Hierfür ist es sicherlich möglich eine Workbench in FreeCAD zu erstellen. Oder man macht das was die Industrie macht. Man nutzt ein Vorhandenes Elektro-CAD und erweitert es um die benötigten Funktionen.
Ein Vorschlag: https://qelectrotech.org/

Smap3D Plant Design macht das so
Schau hier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx6lxa-7cjI
4.Leitzeichnungen für Equipment
Ziel: Konzeptzeichnung für Behälter und Tanks mit Positionsangaben und Größen der Stutzen.

5.Layout Konzeptzeichnungen
Ziel: Darstellung des Grundsätzlichen Anlagen Layouts Equipments, Trassierung Fluchtwege usw..

6. Fertigungszeichnungen (vom 3D Modelabgeleitet)
- Layout Pläne für die Aufstellung
- Rohrleitungsisometrieen
- Leitzeichnungen für den Primärstahlbau
- Zeichnungen für Sonderunterstützungen/ Sekundärstahlbau
- usw.

3D Model
Jetzt kommt das richtig schwere.
1. Gebäude Modellierung in FC ist das ja vorhanden dennoch ggf. für Konzeptionelle Model was vorsehen.
1.1 Massivbau (Beton und stein)
1.2 Primärstahlbau (kann Teil eines Gebäudes sein oder eine Bedienbühne)

2. Equipments
2.1 Tanks
2.2 Kolonen
2.3 Pumpen
2.3.1 Kreiselpumpe
2.3.2 Zahnrad Pumpen
2.3.3 ...und so weiter
2.4 Wärmetauscher
und so weiter
für Equipments sollten verschiedene Assistenten vorgesehen werden
1. Das Equipment hat eine Parametrik die man schnell anpassen kann
2. Tanks haben einen Assistenten um die Grundform zu bauen um dann die Stutzen und Anbauten wie Füsse oder Bratzen zu Positionieren. Das ist nur um schnell ein Stöhrkantenmodel zu erhalten.
3. Man baut ein klassisches Model und kann dann die Anschlüsse definieren.

3.Rohrleitungen
Leitungen werden in der Regel Waagerecht oder Senkrecht und Parallel zu den Anlagen Axen verlegt. Aber Sie können auch mit Gefälle oder Vorsprüngen verlegt werden.
Rohre werden gebogen oder mit Fittings zusammengesetzt geschraubt, verlötet , geschweisst , erpresst und was weiss ich noch wie hergestellt.
Aber am Ende soll man ja die Rohrleitung fertigen und das macht man in der Regel mit Isometrien. Und hier gibt es wieder verschiedene.
Verlaufsisometrieen die nur das ungefähre Routing wieder geben.
Herstellungsisometrien die für die Fertigung bestimmt sind.
Rohrbuch Isometrien wo jede Schweissnaht aufgeführt ist und der Schweisser seine Unterschrift einträgt.

Rohrleitungskomponenten werden Rohrklassen zusammengefasst und nur Bauteile einer Rohrklasse werden in eine Leitung verbaut. Rohrklassen werden Aufgrund des Mediums, Druck und Temperatur nach festgelegten Regeln ausgelegt. z.B. AD2000
In einigen Firmen werden Rohrklassen in Kombination mit Armaturenklassen verwendet um eine Doppeldokumentation zu vermeiden.
Rohrklassen werden aus Norm- und Herstellerbauteilen zusammengesetzt. Hier würde eine Katalogverwaltung Sinn machen.
Grundsätzlich gilt hier alle Nennweiten eines Bauteils kommen in einen Katalog. und nur die benötigten Nennweiten der Bauteile kommen in die Rohrklassen.

Auch hier solle es möglich sein Bauteile aus vordefinierten Parametrischen Bauteilen zu erstellen, einzelne Bauteile zu modellieren oder zu importieren.

So ich hab für heute genug zusammen geschrieben. Wenn jemand Lust und Zeit hat können wir uns gerne austauschen.
Gruß

-------------
Translate by google

Hi there,
I think the work area is very well implemented.
Before I leave my statements are not meant to be complete and reflect my personal experiences. Can and should be developed further! Further details in a discussion are certainly useful.

I am from plant engineering and would like to support and give suggestions. In my experience, a few things are still missing. Unfortunately I can not code and I will not learn that quickly in terms of quality. I am happy to provide ideas for a higher-level concept for parametric components. I can also supply geometry data for standard parts / fittings.
In order to create one or more workbenches for plant engineering, it makes sense to take a look at an idealized workflow and implement it in such a way that it can be followed but not necessarily.
Plants are developed in stages in plant construction.
It all starts with an idea or concept that is shown with a block flow diagram (BFD).
Once the idea has been described and the product output of a system has been determined, the quantity of pipe products and the energy required for the implementation are to be determined and calculated and the basic functioning of the circuit logic is designed. The results are recorded in a process flow diagram (PFD).
The equipment is designed and selected from the process flow diagram, the pipe dimension is specified in advance and fittings and instruments are determined. The result is recorded in the piping and instrumentation diagram (PID).
The plant automation is usually designed and implemented in parallel to the PID creation.
When the PIDs have reached a certain level, a basic system layout is usually created in 2D. The components at the entrance are only shown as rectangles or cuboids and circles or cylinders. Routes are determined for the piping and cable routes and are shown with placeholders accordingly.

The 3D planning
Plant engineering is multidisciplinary and requires a high degree of willingness to communicate from those involved. Building planning, steel construction planners, plant planners, measurement and control technology and TGA planners must work together properly.
At the beginning of the 3D phase, a plant and building zero point and north should be determined to which all drawings refer.
After the equipment has been positioned and the main routing has been determined, the building planner can carry out the construction design. The results must be reported back to the system planner. Possibly. the list must be adjusted.
The pipes can now be planned ideally using pipe classes. As a rule, only interfering edges model of the components are used e.g. pipes are only cylinders and only have the information about wall thickness and material as metadata etc. Screws are also not placed graphically but only attached to the connection as a data record. As a rule, the manufacturers cannot do anything with the 3D model. This requires production drawings. Isometries are common in pipeline construction. These are mostly created with Isogen from Hexagon. The exception I know is Plant 3D from Autodesk, which has its own isometric tool.

Drawings created in the course of the project:
2D part
1. Block flow diagram / BFD
Objective: to depict the structure and process flow

2. Process flow diagrams / PFDs
Goal: Detailed process steps with quantities of the media and the required energy.

3. Piping and Instrumentation Diagram / PIDs
Goal: Detailed process steps with equipment, instrumentation and piping.
Is used for the creation ...
.. used by parts lists to order components.
..of lists for maintenance instructions
..Interface lists for the MSR department
..and and and

For this it is certainly possible to create a workbench in FreeCAD. Or you do what the industry does. You use an existing electrical CAD and expand it with the required functions.
A suggestion: https://qelectrotech.org/

Smap3D Plant Design does it that way
Look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx6lxa-7cjI
4.Line drawings for equipment
Goal: Concept drawing for containers and tanks with position information and sizes of the nozzles.

5.Layout concept drawings
Objective: Presentation of the basic layout, equipment, routing, escape routes, etc.

6. Manufacturing drawings (derived from the 3D model)
- Layout plans for the installation
- pipe isometrics
- Master drawings for primary steel construction
- Drawings for special support / secondary steel construction
- etc.

3D model
Now comes the really difficult one.
1. Building modeling in FC is available, but may provide for conceptual models.
1.1 Solid construction (concrete and stone)
1.2 Primary steel construction (can be part of a building or an operating platform)
2. Equipment
2.1 tanks
2.2 colon
2.3 pumps
2.3.1 Centrifugal pump
2.3.2 Gear pump
2.3.3 ... and so on
2.4 heat exchanger
and so on
Various assistants should be provided for equipment
1. The equipment has a parametric that can be quickly adapted
2. Tanks have an assistant to build the basic shape and then position the nozzles and attachments such as feet or brats. This is only to get a stubble model quickly.
3. You build a classic model and can then define the connections.

3. Pipes
Cables are usually laid horizontally or vertically and parallel to the Axen systems. But they can also be laid with slopes or protrusions.
Pipes are bent or screwed together with fittings, soldered, welded, blackmailed and what else do I know how they are made.
But in the end you have to manufacture the pipeline and that's usually done with isometrics. And here there are different ones again.
Course isometries that only give the approximate routing.
Manufacturing isometrics that are intended for manufacturing.
Rohrbuch Isometrien where each weld is listed and the welder enters his signature.

Pipe components are combined into pipe classes and only components of a pipe class are installed in a pipe. Pipe classes are designed based on the medium, pressure and temperature according to defined rules. e.g. AD2000
In some companies, pipe classes are used in combination with valve classes to avoid double documentation.
Pipe classes are composed of standard and manufacturer components. Catalog management would make sense here.
Basically, all nominal sizes of a component are included in a catalog. and only the required nominal sizes of the components come into the pipe specs.

Here too, it should be possible to create components from predefined parametric components, to model or import individual components.

So I've written enough for today. If someone has time and desire we can exchange ideas.
greeting
If you don't know anything, you don't have to do anything.