Transform body with features based on shape binder

Report observations made with the new Toponaming branch.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mwlandolsi

Transform body with features based on shape binder

Post by mwlandolsi »

Hello, everybody.
In link branch based on 0.19, when we create a sketch (master sketch) which will be used later to create features in other bodies, then these bodies could be transformed with no problem.
with version based on 0.20, the transformed bodies, come back to their original position after transformation. Reporting this to FreeCAD forum, give me an answer that the shape binder property "relative" should be set to "false".

In master branch, creating a body feature based on a master sketch, should manually create a shape binder. Then the problem of transformation could be solved by setting the "relative" property to "true".

In Realthunder branch (daily), the shape binder is imported automatically, and that is a good idea I think. Because it makes it easier and time saving. But with version based on 0.20, the "relative" property is set by default to "true" (the same as version based on 0.19 15-10-2021 but without transforming problem) and transforming the body could not be done. So to be more effective and user-friendly, I think it should be set by default to "false".
Screenshot from 2022-06-02 20-36-44.png
Screenshot from 2022-06-02 20-36-44.png (134.48 KiB) Viewed 862 times
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Transform body with features based on shape binder

Post by adrianinsaval »

For your usecase fasse is better but there are many usecases were true is better like hole alignment, why should we favor this usecase?
mwlandolsi

Re: Transform body with features based on shape binder

Post by mwlandolsi »

In my case, creating a master sketch to use for padding many plates that will be placed on each other to form an injection mold.