OpenSuse Leap 15.4 && FreeCAD 0.19

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
openBrain
Veteran

Re: OpenSuse Leap 15.4 && FreeCAD 0.19

Post by openBrain »

@TomIGo could you give full stack trace?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

TomIGo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:26 am > FreeCAD
FreeCAD 0.19, Libs: 0.19RUnknown
You are running an outdated version. Retry with current 0.20 AppImage and if it doesn't work, try current 0.21.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
TomIGo

Post by TomIGo »

chrisb wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:33 am
TomIGo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:26 am > FreeCAD
FreeCAD 0.19, Libs: 0.19RUnknown
You are running an outdated version. Retry with current 0.20 AppImage and if it doesn't work, try current 0.21.
Thanks chrisb, I tired installing .20, and received several repository errors during install, however, for some reason the one-click install said it was successful! SO I tried running FreeCAD again from terminal and received the same error as before. The application just sat and "clocked" (spinning red/blue arrows) as soon as I clicked on a file to open. So I killed that run and tried installing .21. The install went about the same as .20 and when I run FreeCAD I am seeing the following in the terminal window.

> FreeCAD
FreeCAD 0.21, Libs: 0.21RUnknown
© Juergen Riegel, Werner Mayer, Yorik van Havre and others 2001-2022
FreeCAD is free and open-source software licensed under the terms of LGPL2+ license.
FreeCAD wouldn't be possible without FreeCAD community.
##### #### ### ####
# # # # # #
# ## #### #### # # # # #
#### # # # # # # # ##### # #
# # #### #### # # # # #
# # # # # # # # # ## ## ##
# # #### #### ### # # #### ## ## ##

connect failed: No such file or directory
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0 /lib64/libc.so.6(+0x4ad50) [0x7f24af171d50]
Killed
>
TomIGo

Post by TomIGo »

openBrain wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:57 am @TomIGo could you give full stack trace?
Thanks openBrian, I attempted to run a gdb session with v.21 installed. This desktop is not a development machine, so I am missing a TON of debug libraries. The gdb session can be found in the attachment gdb.txt. Unfortunately you may not see much of anything that will help.
gdb.txt
(71.77 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
TomIGo

Post by TomIGo »

Sorry openBrian, I had forgotten to do the bt command within gdb. Here is an updated version of the gdb.txt file which includes that.
gdb2.txt
(9.71 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
In this version I did not try to rung zypper to load all the debug data knowing that they would not load due to the repository issues previously noted.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

OK, that's a bit weird as an error. Won't be easy to catch.
TomIGo

Post by TomIGo »

openBrain wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:44 am OK, that's a bit weird as an error. Won't be easy to catch.
If you have specific steps you want me to perform that would provide additional information to help the analysis, let me know. I'll do what I can.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

TomIGo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:10 pm If you have specific steps you want me to perform that would provide additional information to help the analysis, let me know. I'll do what I can.
From the web, it seems to be due to incompatibility of Qt5WebEngine with Nouveau driver (guess you have an Nvidia GFX card). Could you try installing proprietary Nvidia driver ?
TomIGo

Post by TomIGo »

openBrain wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:57 am
TomIGo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:10 pm If you have specific steps you want me to perform that would provide additional information to help the analysis, let me know. I'll do what I can.
From the web, it seems to be due to incompatibility of Qt5WebEngine with Nouveau driver (guess you have an Nvidia GFX card). Could you try installing proprietary Nvidia driver ?
Hello openBrian, I hesitate to install a native Nvidia driver, as the system that is having this issue is running a Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 2000!
TomIGo

Post by TomIGo »

TomIGo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:10 pm
openBrain wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:44 am OK, that's a bit weird as an error. Won't be easy to catch.
If you have specific steps you want me to perform that would provide additional information to help the analysis, let me know. I'll do what I can.
Hello again,
I am hoping this helps a bit. I received an update to .21 today so I immediately tried FreeCAD hoping the issue was corrected. It is not fixed, but I am sending along a screen shot I am hoping might help you in the search. Notice that it seems to happen right at the start of trying to load a file (any file), as the progress indicator is stuck at 0% complete. I had literally just clicked the icon to load the example file "EngineBlock.FCStd" when it froze.
FreeCAD_locking_up_on_file_load.png
FreeCAD_locking_up_on_file_load.png (23.4 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
When I attempt to click "Add New" on the start screen, it immediately freezes when attempting to start LoadNew.py.
If I attempt to load one of my own drawings, It allows me to select a file, then freezes immediately after I click a filename to open.