Latest Win LP Builds - Part_SectionCut Warning on Draft Wb Loading/Activation

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
kisolre
Veteran

Re: Latest Win LP Builds - Part_SectionCut Warning on Draft Wb Loading/Activation

Post by kisolre »

heron wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:14 am When run this code in python console I get a pop-up window
Just as a reference build it works here:

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.27444 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: c282015ceb00901dfa69595b6cbc1f8b9eedaffa
Python version: 3.8.8
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.3
Locale: Bulgarian/Bulgaria (bg_BG)

Code: Select all

>>> dump = FreeCAD.ConfigDump()
>>> dump['Debug']
'0'
>>> Gui.runCommand('Std_About',0
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Latest Win LP Builds - Part_SectionCut Warning on Draft Wb Loading/Activation

Post by Kunda1 »

I'm on a Release build

>>> dump = FreeCAD.ConfigDump()
>>> dump['Debug']
'0'
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

Having merged my Win config files with Linux paths, I'm now able to reproduce the Warning on Linux as well and therefore I can now Git Bisect to prove if/which recent commit has triggered the Unknown Command Part_SectionCut. Further Report later this afternoon.
TheMarkster
Veteran

Post by TheMarkster »

Alternative:

App.ConfigGet('Debug')
@heron -- do you have non ascii characters in your username on your computer?

App.getUserAppDataDir()
By the way, if you want to try out the Part_SectionCut command, enter into the python console:

Gui.runCommand("Part_SectionCut",0)
You should have some solid object to use it on. It is similar to view -> clipping plane, but does it with boolean cuts and you get a keepsake souvenir object.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

Looks like the root cause has been found and hopefully a PR will be raised, see https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 44#p569244
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

OK, my mistake, I registered the new feature accidentally to all WBs instead of only to the Part WB:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 44#p569244

Since I am currently abroad, I would be happy if someone could make a PR to register it only to the Part WB but keeping it in the View menu. I can the merge this PR or another developer can do this.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:36 pm OK, my mistake, I registered the new feature accidentally to all WBs instead of only to the Part WB:
Here's a PR https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/6322
Not sure I got it right. Haven't tested it. Also had no idea if added Part_SectionCut to the location in the menubar
:cringe:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:34 pm Here's a PR https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/6322
Thanks, however, this is not right. The cutting feature must be in the View menu and visible no matter what workbench you are in. Otherwise it is not that useful - the main application would be assemblies. So In fact, I was right to add it to the general Gui Workbench.cpp. It seems it needs more thoughts.
heron

Post by heron »

TheMarkster wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:18 pm do you have non ascii characters in your username on your computer?
Thank you very much, I managed fix it. My username has all ascii characters, but one path of system "Path" environment variable had a non ascii character, i fixed it and voila, now I get the same result as Kisolre and Kunda1. Sorry for the OT and the noise.