Win LP_12.1.6 package available

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
sgrogan
Veteran

Win LP_12.1.6 package available

Post by sgrogan »

I am working on extending the 12.1.5 Libpack of @apeltauer https://github.com/apeltauer/FreeCAD/re ... ack_12.1.5

The extension basically adds some additional Python modules needed for 3rd part WB's. It doesn't change what is needed to compile FreeCAD on Win.
I've used pip to add olefile, pycollada, lxml, requests, xlutils (and its dependencies).
I've added ocl.pyd useful in the Path WB.
I've also added the calculix and gmesh executables useful for the FEM WB.

The latest 0.19_pre LP 12.1.6 based build is available here https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.19_pre

It includes Flatmesh support. I want to add Cloud WB support to the next build (not sure how to test this). I also want to update pip before publishing the Libpack.

I would be grateful for any testing. Especially with Addon WB's. Also I'd like feedback on what should be included in the LP based bundles. I guess adding curl.exe may be useful. Also maybe pyside2-rcc.exe?

As a side benefit of this exercise I found some not needed debug stuff that can be removed from the bundles. Despite adding these extra modules the package size shrunk. I will work to add this to my WIP packaging scripts.
"fight the good fight"
Syres
Veteran

Re: Win LP_12.1.6 package available

Post by Syres »

The only real feedback I can give is you haven't broken anything :lol: that I have macros to test. The end to end test of CfdOF Wb solving a Millennium Falcon in a wind tunnel worked successfully. The macro I have for installing and updating Pip modules worked fine, updated pip to version 20.1.1, installed ezdxf and updated matplotlib to version 3.2.1 all without a hitch.
As far as the curl etc I will leave that to the experts.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

Syres wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:53 pm The end to end test of CfdOF Wb solving a Millennium Falcon in a wind tunnel worked successfully.
Why would you simulate a space ship in a wind tunnel?!?
Show us please :-D
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

kisolre wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 pm Why would you simulate a space ship in a wind tunnel?!?
Show us please :-D
Firstly, apologies for off topic. There's always the pedantic one about :lol: It was a 'play tutorial' on the https://www.opensim.co.za/training.html site which has at the very least been hidden but most likely removed. The model is from Grabcad hence not putting the file up here and there's not much to see in FreeCAD or Paraview but when ported over to Blender as a X3D file you can get something reasonable (that's a 2 year old rendering when I was a beginner) resized to upload here.
MF1.jpg
MF1.jpg (16.41 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
MF2.jpg
MF2.jpg (305.67 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
FalconWithCFD2.jpg
FalconWithCFD2.jpg (558.88 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

Nice :)

Back on topic - I will try to compile tomorrow but the problem is that cant do any real testing besides that... We probably need some files in examples/testing/... section to check more that the Test WB does...
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

kisolre wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:40 pm Back on topic - I will try to compile tomorrow but the problem is that cant do any real testing besides that... We probably need some files in examples/testing/... section to check more that the Test WB does...
Compiling isn't so important here.
Syres wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:53 pm The only real feedback I can give is you haven't broken anything :lol:
This is most important :)
I've only added some python modules required by some addon WB's. pip support on Win seems to be working good, once the user runs pip from the FreeCAD bin directory. For the average user this might be a pain so we include these extra modules in the bundle.

BTW I've added these extra modules to the Conda based builds.

Long term these issues will be handled by Addons-manager or Extension Manager automagically. We're just not quite there yet.
"fight the good fight"
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

How about adding also blinker and Qt.py so that installing and using the node editor would hopefully be somewhat more straightforward...

https://github.com/microelly2/NodeEditor
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

sgrogan wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:02 pm BTW I've added these extra modules to the Conda based builds.
Nice.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

sgrogan wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:02 pm
Syres wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:53 pm The only real feedback I can give is you haven't broken anything :lol:
This is most important :)
Something that may already be aware of, IFCOpenshell appears to be missing, not a problem for me but just wanted to check.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

saso wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:18 pm How about adding also blinker and Qt.py so that installing and using the node editor would hopefully be somewhat more straightforward...
Done
Syres wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:59 pm Something that may already be aware of, IFCOpenshell appears to be missing, not a problem for me but just wanted to check.
Fixed, keep it coming.

I am now working to get opencv and gdal working.
"fight the good fight"