Win LP_12.1.6 package available

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
saso
Veteran

Re: Win LP_12.1.6 package available

Post by saso »

sgrogan wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:41 pm
saso wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:18 pm How about adding also blinker and Qt.py so that installing and using the node editor would hopefully be somewhat more straightforward...
Done
Seems better, but it looks like we would also need docutils and nine :|

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 40#p360718
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

saso wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:21 am Seems better, but it looks like we would also need docutils and nine
Done.
Next I guess we need microelly2's Pyflow fork?
"fight the good fight"
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

saso wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:21 am Seems better, but it looks like we would also need docutils and nine
I opened a new thread specific to NodeEditor on Win https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47015
"fight the good fight"
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

Sorry if it is obvious but where is this LibPack? Nothing in FreeCAD repo or Apeltauers github...
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

kisolre wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:44 pm Sorry if it is obvious but where is this LibPack? Nothing in FreeCAD repo or Apeltauers github...
I haven't published yet. All the added stuff is in the bin/Lib/site-pacakages directory of the recent builds. You can copy/replace into your local Libpack.
"fight the good fight"
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

sgrogan wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:26 pm
Done.
Next I guess we need microelly2's Pyflow fork?
Thanks :) Well having them does allow to make the installation a bit more straight forward, if we should include all of it by default... Well, after a few quick tests, I have the feeling it would maybe be good to make it still a bit more user friendly first :roll:
ansorgj

Post by ansorgj »

hi @sgrogan

this was the only thread coming up when serching the forum for "Win-LP" ...

seeing that the current build on the pre_19 release is about 100MB smaller than the Win-conda I wonder what the difference is between those two and what's missing from this Win-LP build?

thanks
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

ansorgj wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:25 am seeing that the current build on the pre_19 release is about 100MB smaller than the Win-conda I wonder what the difference is between those two and what's missing from this Win-LP build?
It's not so much what is missing in the LP builds, but what is extra in the Conda builds.

VTK is a good example. In the LP the used VTK is a minimal build, on Conda VTK comes with every bell and whistle. FreeCAD doesn't use any of these bells and whistles so the extra stuff just comes along for the ride.
There are many more examples like this, each makes the Conda build larger.

If you don't want to compile yourself I recommend installing mini-conda and running FreeCAD from that environment. Updates are much smaller because you don't have to download unchanged libraries over and over again like Conda bundle FreeCAD provides on the github\releases page.
"fight the good fight"