[WIP] FreeCAD Packagers and Package Status

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
jsoo1

Re: [WIP] FreeCAD Packagers and Package Status

Post by jsoo1 »

Kunda1 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:31 pm Edit: is there a reason why Guix is not on replogy, or perhaps the package hasn't been picked up yet by repology ?
I’m not sure why guix isn’t on repology. Last I saw repology was a several months ago and it was there, then.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Added Raspbian
-alex- wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:34 pm FreeCAD works like a charm on RPI4!! :D
@-alex- who is the maintainer/contact person I can add to the list (see the first post of this thread)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Note: In order to get the current version of the FC flatpak one needs to run the following command from their CLI:

Code: Select all

flatpak update --appstream
flatpak remote-info flathub org.freecadweb.FreeCAD | grep Version
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:09 pm Added Raspbian
@-alex- who is the maintainer/contact person I can add to the list (see the first post of this thread)
I don't know... As I'm concerned I'm sorry but I can't do that because a lack of skills, I'm not familiar enought with such stuffs.
Maybe Kkremitzki could be the one? However I really want not talk for him.
kkremitzki wrote:ping
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

We need to update the snap package from 0.18 to 0.18.4, and it would be nice to have a daily build dev channel too.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
ppd

Post by ppd »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:22 am We need to update the snap package from 0.18 to 0.18.4, and it would be nice to have a daily build dev channel too.
I'd like to get the ball rolling here again. The package doesn't work for me (no fonts), doesn't follow best practices (as far as I can see), is not owned by an official "FreeCAD" account and most pressingly: I haven't been able to find the sources for it.

I've taken the liberty of sketching out a modern implementation of a FreeCAD snap in my fork: https://github.com/ppd/FreeCAD/tree/snap/snap and it works very well for me.

So let's please get this in a better state and also make it more "official". It's a shame that such a beacon of FOSS is not adequately represented in the Snap Store.
Try FreeCAD from the Snap Store: Stable releases (in latest/stable) & daily builds (in latest/edge). Supports installing additional python packages via pip!
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Lets start a new thread for snap package discussion or perhaps there may be an open one already?
ppd

Post by ppd »

There's https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46044 for the recent update. Perhaps an entirely new thread is required.
Try FreeCAD from the Snap Store: Stable releases (in latest/stable) & daily builds (in latest/edge). Supports installing additional python packages via pip!
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

ppd wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:26 pm There's https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46044 for the recent update. Perhaps an entirely new thread is required.
Yes, please open a new one. Thank you ;)

Edit: please link to it from here so we can track it.
ppd

Post by ppd »

Kunda1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:55 pm Edit: please link to it from here so we can track it.
Here you go: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46853