[SOLVED] Windows 10 FreeCAD fails to start GUI

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
matt-555

[SOLVED] Windows 10 FreeCAD fails to start GUI

Post by matt-555 »

Dear All,

I have just installed FreeCAD 20.1 under W10. When trying to run, the intial start-up image shows and dissappears
but the GUI itself never starts. Nothing indicating that the FreeCAD is running in the TaskManager. I don't have any
weird non-ascii chars in user name.

I tried:
- install for all users
- install just for me
- removing installed python

The log seems to indicate that there is some problem with the Qt but I have no idea how to fix this. I have previously
installed FreeCAD on W7 and W10 but never encountered this issue. Can you, please, advise?
Attachments
crash.log
(86.51 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
FreeCAD.log
(98.12 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Last edited by matt-555 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Windows 10 FreeCAD fails to start GUI

Post by chrisb »

If you never had problem before, you should try 0.21, as it uses different libraries. You can also have a look at the Known OS specific issues.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Log: C:\Program Files\Python310\Scripts\
Log: C:\Program Files\Python310\
I see this in your log, try removing any python related directory from your PATH env variable (system and user).

You may also have some graphics driver issue, if removing python from your PATH doesn't work try doing this https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 46#p624746
matt-555

Post by matt-555 »

Thank you adrianinsaval, I removed Python310 from the path, that alone didn't fix the issue. However, when I reinstalled drivers for the Intel HD graphics (with the option to remove old drivers) the FreeCAD started as usual. Thanks again.