Trouble building master: missing coin3d

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
waebbl

Re: Trouble building master: missing coin3d

Post by waebbl »

freman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:38 am Ah,so you're a fellow ricer ;) I ran Gentoo for about 10y and loved it, but found I spent more time maintaining it than using it.
I'm running it for ~20 years now and still love it :ugeek: Maintenance can sometimes be time consuming, but with modern computers most of the builds are running in the background and the machine is usable for all sorts of manners. For me there's no alternative for the freedom it gives me and the adaption on my current hardware, as a source based distribution. Having run Slackware, SuSE and RedHat before it, and being unlucky with LinuxFromScratch, this was the logical move.
so I have no clue about the exact semantics of the option --whatprovides which you used in your query.
Well it's pretty explicit but if you were making assumptions, that explains your comment.
Yeah, I only glimpsed at the line and was thinking you're querying a package and asking for the contents of the provides line from the spec file, instead of querying for the package the file belongs to.