compile for Windows on ARM

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
moosepr

compile for Windows on ARM

Post by moosepr »

Hi guys

I just acquired a snapdragon 8cx laptop (Lenovo Yoga 5g) and I have been playing with what can run under the emulation side of things

an old 32bit freecad runs, but im struggling to get the newer ones working because they are 64bit only (I moved to developer preview win11 to gain 64 bit emulation mode)

As freecad is open source I can of course try to compile it for ARM64 under windows and that should get me the best experience, I was wondering if anyone has actually tried and succeeded yet, and are there any pitfalls i need to watch for?

Pete
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: compile for Windows on ARM

Post by adrianinsaval »

I have not heard of anyone building for arm on windows, I think some have succeeded on building for linux (raspberry pi) and mac, on windows you might need to compile many of the libraries too, unless conda or mingw provide them for arm.
moosepr

Re: compile for Windows on ARM

Post by moosepr »

you are correct!! I managed to build xerces and tack that in to the build dir's but I have an issue with LibPack

It is complaining about not being able to find BOOST and when i add a boost debug flag, i can see that it is looking for a64 in the filename and my stuff has x64 in there instead (makes sense)

Looks like im gonna need to rebuild libpack :)