compile FreeCAD on Windwos with conda

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bernd
Veteran

compile FreeCAD on Windwos with conda

Post by bernd »

I have seen some instructions to compile FreeCAD on conda on Windows on the forum. User _UR did this on regulary basis. Does anyone know where to find these informations?

cheers bernd
vocx
Veteran

Re: compile FreeCAD on Windwos with conda

Post by vocx »

bernd wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:08 am Does anyone know where to find these informations?
Conda
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

vocx wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:07 am
bernd wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:08 am Does anyone know where to find these informations?
Conda
I would like to compile FreeCAD inside Conda, not just install FreeCAD inside Conda.
Smiling_user

Post by Smiling_user »

Is it right, that the easiest way to get latest FC binaries under Windows - is to install Anaconda/Miniconda and pull-compile GIT source under it?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Smiling_user wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:27 am Is it right, that the easiest way to get latest FC binaries under Windows - is to install Anaconda/Miniconda and pull-compile GIT source under it?
No it is not! https://freecadweb.org/downloads.php scroll down a bit to dev releases!
Smiling_user

Post by Smiling_user »

bernd wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:36 am
Smiling_user wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:27 am Is it right, that the easiest way to get latest FC binaries under Windows - is to install Anaconda/Miniconda and pull-compile GIT source under it?
No it is not! https://freecadweb.org/downloads.php scroll down a bit to dev releases!
This place is well known, but there is a release from 2019.11/
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

bernd wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:21 am found these two links ...
It seems the first post is out of date. I hadn't tried this lately. I'll try to get it working and add to the wiki. Probably just need to pin the version of some package(s)
"fight the good fight"
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

sgrogan wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:25 pm Probably just need to pin the version of some package(s)
Something that I have noticed for quite a while is the "Assets" link for 0.19 typically remains closed when opening the releases page. Some of the older versions show the full Assets upon opening.

There have been a few "cannot find it" posts in the Help Forum for exactly that reason.

I do not know if there is a way to make the "Assets" automatically open, but it would be helpful it that could be done.

The date on the top is confusing, but most people would be OK if they saw the available downloads.

Gene
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

+1