material editor

A forum to discuss the implementation of a good Materials system in FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bernd
Veteran

Re: material editor

Post by bernd »

thanks guys for the links. I will add some comment in the code where to find the property definition.
damian

Post by damian »

Good morning:
yorik wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:36 pm Yeah the model view thing in Qt is not simple...
yorik wrote: Basically you need to use a QTreeView instead of a QTreeWidget, and make a model yourself, which is the "entity" whick keeps/organizes the data of a tree widget, and give it a custom QStyledItemDelegate which handles the actions when you want to edit an item of the tree
In this link, https://github.com/caceres/FreeCAD/commits/mat, there is a draft about the migration to model/view.

I've read all the threads and posted documentation. I'll read again.

Thank you.
damian

Post by damian »

yorik wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:36 pm That is easy for the "fixed" properties (we know their type), but when the user adds custom properties, I'm not sure. Ideally there should be a way to specify the property type. Maybe we need one more column that says the type?
Good morning:
The last weekend I've been dealing with a very similar model with properties. I'm experimenting with a property's definition like
[Name, Type, Value, Units, Constraints, Comments ...]
Perhaps the end user must be allowed to define all characteristics of the custom properties
The next months I'll be working intensively with models ...
damian

Post by damian »

bernd wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:07 am @damian:

do you still do some dev for material editor? What I would like to see is a nice Gui::Input field to change the material attributes, like we have in FEM

Screenshot_20180610_060454.png

Do you do development in this regard? With such an input field in material editor, I would totally switch to the material editor for material editing in FEM.

Bernd
Hello. No. I don't achieve Gui::InputField working in the delegate class. For a strange reason after finish successful setEditorData, setModelData seems to lose the editor signal. I don't understand it.
I have examples with QLineEdit, QSpinBox, and QComboBox all working fine, and with all type of data. But with Gui::InputField no.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

You may make an small explizit code example and describe the problem in a new topic in the developer part of the forum. There might be someone who could help. May be there is a limitation in th Gui::InputField which could be changed ...

bernd
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

BTW: the material editor has no icon ... https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29528
damian

Post by damian »

Good morning:

from my point of view Gui::InputField has two inconvenient:

1º) A field with units meters shows green painted with 10 Pa or 10 l

2º) No possible to impose constraints on the values, at least in an obvious way
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

damian wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:02 am from my point of view Gui::InputField has two inconvenient:
1º) A field with units meters shows green painted with 10 Pa or 10 l
Mhh strange we do not have this problem in FEM material task panel ...

damian wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:02 am from my point of view Gui::InputField has two inconvenient:
2º) No possible to impose constraints on the values, at least in an obvious way
What do you mean by this?