Problem starting a Turbulent simulation with LES

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

Budahn

Problem starting a Turbulent simulation with LES

Post by Budahn »

Hi, i cant start the simulation, when i try the message "OpenFOAM fatal error: --> FOAM FATAL ERROR: OpenFOAM fatal error: --> FOAM FATAL ERROR: OpenFOAM fatal error: --> FOAM FATAL ERROR: OpenFOAM fatal error: (openfoam- " appears and i dont know why. Also theres one value in the turbulence specification that show a forbidden symbol, i tried deleting the ")" and when i do it te ok symbol shows but at the moment i press enter in order to close the task it appears again.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24267 +148 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: Branch_0.19.4
Hash: 476ecf091941bead59b14e44afa6064d5a66afa3
Python version: 3.8.6+
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.3
Locale: Spanish/Argentina (es_AR)
Attachments
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (20.14 KiB) Viewed 809 times
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: Problem starting a Turbulent simulation with LES

Post by Jee-Bee »

Please at least give more info about your goal and best is to share the model.
oliveroxtoby

Re: Problem starting a Turbulent simulation with LES

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Budahn wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:27 pm Also theres one value in the turbulence specification that show a forbidden symbol, i tried deleting the ")" and when i do it te ok symbol shows but at the moment i press enter in order to close the task it appears again.
I remember this bug from some earlier FreeCAD versions. It should be fixed if you update to the latest release.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.