Advanced (Sub-Object) Shape Binder Tutorial - The Power of Shape Binders! (26min)

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
user1234
Veteran

Re: Advanced (Sub-Object) Shape Binder Tutorial - The Power of Shape Binders! (26min)

Post by user1234 »

quiret wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 am There are no circular references.
Maybe, as i said, i do not look deep in the dependency graph, since it is unnecessary complicated for this small model.

quiret wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 am The thing that is breaking is different from my assumption... I guess the thing I realized in this post?

The references break at of saving the FreeCAD file.
No, that is not the case here. The refercences are here, but they are bad. And if they were good, it does not help on the modeling (geometry) errors you practice with your flub.

quiret wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 am I did model that case properly.
Only in your imagination. No one said, you must here perfect from the start. Everyone have to start and to learn. But you seem to be education resistant.

quiret wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 am I think that the initial cost does very well turn out in profits when reusability is concerned.
If you mean expensive price of commercial CADs, it depends. If you mean your way of model, clearly absolutely (and many superlatives more) no.

But what, i do not bother with you more, makes no sense.
quiret

Re: Advanced (Sub-Object) Shape Binder Tutorial - The Power of Shape Binders! (26min)

Post by quiret »

user1234 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:16 am But what, i do not bother with you more, makes no sense.
I think I have gotten used it by now. But I am sad to hear that. I would have liked to discuss the opportunities of shape binders with you. They are a great feature of FreeCAD that should become (even) more common place! Especially with the techniques that I have presented in that video you can leverage even more unique Part Design WB Features out of a single sketch.