FEM Tutorials?

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MM1991

FEM Tutorials?

Post by MM1991 »

Dear Community,

Is there any FEM-tutorials you would recommend me as a beginner to start of with?

Best regards,
MM
KAKM

Re: FEM Tutorials?

Post by KAKM »

If you open the FEM workbench, under "Utilities" there's a button "Open FEM Examples", which will open a list of examples that you can setup and run to get a feel for what you need in an FEM simulation file.

If you're looking for videos/written tutorials, there isn't a central repository, so the best place to look is going to depend on what you're doing.
What kind of FEM do you want to do? Mechanical? Heat transfer? Electromagnetic? Do you have a specific project/area you want to work on?
MM1991

Re: FEM Tutorials?

Post by MM1991 »

KAKM wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:17 pm If you open the FEM workbench, under "Utilities" there's a button "Open FEM Examples", which will open a list of examples that you can setup and run to get a feel for what you need in an FEM simulation file.

If you're looking for videos/written tutorials, there isn't a central repository, so the best place to look is going to depend on what you're doing.
What kind of FEM do you want to do? Mechanical? Heat transfer? Electromagnetic? Do you have a specific project/area you want to work on?
Thank you for the advice.

I would like to do mechanical and heat transfer mainly, a task I want to learn is to investigate how much pressure a vessel can maintain for different shapes and wall thicknesses. I found some tutorials on YouTube, but they were given in German which makes it hard to fully understand.