Some strange artifacts in sideview drawing

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
brjhaverkamp

Some strange artifacts in sideview drawing

Post by brjhaverkamp »

Hello all,

I am struggling a bit with the side views of my attic project. Most drawings come out fine, but for some reason the east side (oostzijde in dutch) view has some strange lines or line placement at the dormers.
I have attached a screenshot of the techdraw portion and the same in the 3D view.
And here is a link to the file: https://www.oatfield.nl/nextcloud/index ... 8QJ287QHoX

If anyone can give me a hint on why these drawings are off, while the cross-sections and the beam plan are OK Id be very gratefull!

Regards,

Bert
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (252.11 KiB) Viewed 799 times
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png (310.77 KiB) Viewed 799 times
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.16117 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: dbb4cc6415bac848a294f03b80f65e888d531742
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Some strange artifacts in sideview drawing

Post by wandererfan »

brjhaverkamp wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:00 pm I am struggling a bit with the side views of my attic project. Most drawings come out fine, but for some reason the east side (oostzijde in dutch) view has some strange lines or line placement at the dormers.
I have attached a screenshot of the techdraw portion and the same in the 3D view.
And here is a link to the file: https://www.oatfield.nl/nextcloud/index ... 8QJ287QHoX
You'll have better luck getting answers in the Arch forum. The ArchSection view is generated inside Arch, and TechDraw just displays whatever Arch provided.
brjhaverkamp

Re: Some strange artifacts in sideview drawing

Post by brjhaverkamp »

Haha,
There goes me being proud that i discovered that there was a dedicated Techdraw forum topic:-)
I'll repost there.