TechDraw Video Tutorials on Youtube

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
tgroom

Re: TechDraw Video Tutorials on Youtube

Post by tgroom »

These videos are great! I'm new to FreeCAD and they really helped me get going on making machine drawings.

I am still struggling with inserting tolerances to dimensions. About 7 minutes into the second TechDraw tutorial video that @sliptonic posted he adds tolerances using over and under properties for the dimension, but I don't seem to have those properties available when I try to copy his procedure. Any ideas? I am working with V0.17, 64 bit.

Thanks!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Your first post, welcome to FreeCAD. :)

tgroom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:59 am @sliptonic posted he adds tolerances using over and under properties for the dimension, but I don't seem to have those properties available when I try to copy his procedure. Any ideas?
yes
tgroom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:59 am I am working with V0.17, 64 bit.

your FreeCAD version is obsolete. I am only partly joking, we have a release version now 0.18, which we are still finalising its packaging/installers etc. for some platforms.

FreeCAD development is rapid, we offer development snapshots for different platforms, PPA for Ubuntu Linux, snapshots that run without being installed on Windows etc. etc. You will often find that many of us use the dev version because some new feature has come along that we want. They are usually stable enough for use particularly a few months after the last release version, any bugs found in a Release version should first be tested in a dev version as often they are already fixed. Any bug found in a dev version should be discussed in the Help forum as they will be likely to be fixed rapidly.

Anyway, welcome here.

Jim
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

tgroom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:59 am I am still struggling with inserting tolerances to dimensions. About 7 minutes into the second TechDraw tutorial video that @sliptonic posted he adds tolerances using over and under properties for the dimension, but I don't seem to have those properties available when I try to copy his procedure. Any ideas? I am working with V0.17, 64 bit.
Tolerances were added in v0.18. :(
tgroom

Post by tgroom »

Thanks for the (very rapid) replies. I didn't realize V0.18 was available. Problem solved!
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

Tutorials on TechDraw with Eklavya :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... z2xFSDm9g7
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

I really like MangoJelly’s TechDraw tutorials. He shows interesting workarounds (e.g. for advanced section views) and he just released a video with a general introduction to TechDraw:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=02Gv4gN117M

Check his other tutorials too.