Mirror of Sketch not Shown

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
regis

Re: Mirror of Sketch not Shown

Post by regis »

paullee wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:10 pm Seem Dwire is okay - added some Dwire and shown in Arch Section Plane + TechDraw ArchView
Hmmm so strange. Thanks for checking.
paullee wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:10 pm But somehow the Face001 is only 1 which is not shown - something special about this shape?
Interesting to note, that means there is still some unaccounted stuffs going on between file transfers from blender to freecad.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

regis wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:51 pm hmmm strange but it also seems that techdraw has a problem with regular polygonal shapes from Dwire.
So it wont read 2D wires, fills or unfills. However it willread the object if the has an extrusion.
DraftView + DWire and DraftView + Polygon seem fine here. Maybe I'm not understanding?
DWireNewDraft.png
DWireNewDraft.png (187.82 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
Maybe Draft.getSVG does something odd with DWires?
regis

Post by regis »

wandererfan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:45 am DraftView + DWire and DraftView + Polygon seem fine here. Maybe I'm not understanding?
if the Dwire polygone is drawin on verticaly, i.e on the X,Z or Y,Z planes, it's DraftView will not work, It seems DraftView can only acquire Dwires sketches that are on the same plane as the top view mode for 2D drawing.
Example on DraftView 001 on Face 001 paullee experiement, and the Draft view sketch on my picture, the Dwire flat face of the human next to the extruded human are both perpendicular to the Top view. So when you insert the Draft View of the perpedicular flat face, it provides you with a line, as it it is reading the flat face from the Top automatically.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

regis wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:16 am if the Dwire polygone is drawin on verticaly, i.e on the X,Z or Y,Z planes, it's DraftView will not work, It seems DraftView can only acquire Dwires sketches that are on the same plane as the top view mode for 2D drawing.
Polygon001 is drawn on "Front" working plane in Draft and give DraftView002. Did you change the ProjectionDirection of the DraftView to match the 3D orientation?
DraftViewXZ.png
DraftViewXZ.png (193.99 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
I don't know why the triangle is rotated by 90* in DraftView002. The creation of the DraftView drawing geometry happens in Draft.getSVG, maybe @Yorik has an idea?
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

regis wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:16 am
wandererfan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:45 am DraftView + DWire and DraftView + Polygon seem fine here. Maybe I'm not understanding?
if the Dwire polygone is drawin on verticaly, i.e on the X,Z or Y,Z planes, it's DraftView will not work, It seems DraftView can only acquire Dwires sketches that are on the same plane as the top view mode for 2D drawing.
Example on DraftView 001 on Face 001 paullee experiement, and the Draft view sketch on my picture, the Dwire flat face of the human next to the extruded human are both perpendicular to the Top view. So when you insert the Draft View of the perpedicular flat face, it provides you with a line, as it it is reading the flat face from the Top automatically.
I think you need to set the DraftView / Projection Direction?
Attachments
human man profile_ test_ 2.fcstd
(95.97 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
regis

Post by regis »

paullee wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:58 pm I think you need to set the DraftView / Projection Direction?
Even when I use the same trick I use to place the section cut plane in the same direction with the working plane, it doesn't work.
regis

Post by regis »

wandererfan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:06 pm I don't know why the triangle is rotated by 90* in DraftView002. The creation of the DraftView drawing geometry happens in Draft.getSVG, maybe @Yorik has an idea?
Yes I also notices some incosistencies along these lines.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

wandererfan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:06 pm I don't know why the triangle is rotated by 90* in DraftView002. The creation of the DraftView drawing geometry happens in Draft.getSVG, maybe @Yorik has an idea?
yorik wrote:ping
@yorik care to weigh in?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs