The Big TechDraw Comments Thread

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: The Big TechDraw Comments Thread

Post by chrisb »

Mongrel_Shark wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:34 pm but what if I want to change from one ppa to another or have both side by side
It's no problem to have both versions side by side. one is called freecad, the other freecad-daily. They only share the config files.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Mongrel_Shark

Post by Mongrel_Shark »

chrisb wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 pm It's no problem to have both versions side by side. one is called freecad, the other freecad-daily. They only share the config files.

Sweeeet! Thank you very much for clarifying :D
Sam

Post by Sam »

I've been playing with the wonderful new TechDraw workbench. Its early days, but I like it!

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.11797 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: a5080329d8da6653495df686efbda62e73ac950a
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)
Originally I was going to post in the help forum, but:
wandererfan wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:43 pm I kind of like everything in 1 place, easier to find.
There still seem to be issues caused by ignoring/not processing PDN Part/Super placement.

I see a couple of relevant posts starting over here, but those are from a year ago and I can't find any indication of progress.

This gargantuan thread doesn't touch on it, or I missed it in the 28 pages I just read.

The TechDraw Roadmap doesn't mention this either.

Is there a work around that I should be aware of?
efyx

Post by efyx »

wandererfan wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 pm
Some loose suggestions to discuss about some improvements:
- Panning drawing sheet shouldn't be by LMP because by mistake you can move drawing window which is also movable by LMB. I suggest RMB or Scroll Wheel.
- Icons should be first choosable (as in sketcher) then lines or points, to create dimensions.
- Can spacemouse be added? To steer (left, right, up, down, zoom in and zoom out)
- Reversable angle dimension - inner/outer depends where mouse is (on which side, acute angle/ obtuse angle)
- Why object "surface" between lines is higlighting? I believe it is for some reason, but mainly this is not usable and it makes to choose lines harder. Could be an option - with additional icon.
- Detail circle position - I belive it is hard for now to implement dragging (also as cross section) on demand position right now, but maybe meanwhile it can be done as in cross-section that when you scroll anchor point of detail it automatically refresh on screen.
- Isometric view should could be deattached.
- Cylinder in top view should at least have quadrants (not only one point on the edge)
- There should be option to add (or default) to make point on extremum of radius.
- Should be added intersection point as shown on my sketch do dimension rounded objects. See below:
intersection.png
intersection.png (69.35 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
- Welding symbol generator?
Please comment.
herrdeh

Post by herrdeh »

This may have been asked several times, but my google did not find an answer:

Is it possible to edit the size of the black dots, which mark the nodes of objects? - For my taste they are a little big...

Cheers,
Wolf
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

herrdeh wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:51 am This may have been asked several times, but my google did not find an answer:

Is it possible to edit the size of the black dots, which mark the nodes of objects? - For my taste they are a little big...

Cheers,
Wolf
and a little too black...

( i loved the green dots from the older addon "drawing and dimensioning" ) wb
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

herrdeh wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:51 am Is it possible to edit the size of the black dots, which mark the nodes of objects? - For my taste they are a little big...
Answered in this recent thread. There is a parameter that controls the scaling of the Vertex dots.
HarryGeler wrote: and a little too black...

( i loved the green dots from the older addon "drawing and dimensioning" ) wb
green and yellow are taken for selected and preselected. Next time I'm fiddling with the preferences page I'll add a "Vertex Chromatic Adjustment". :D
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

That´s good...
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
herrdeh

Post by herrdeh »

Great. I'll try.

One more thing - I missed a arrow-annotation feature. Like diameter, but with editable text. Did I ignore it - or is it still under construction?

Anyway - thanks for this awesome WB. I used to like drawing dimension very much, but TechDraw's approach is much more handy, especially concerning views and angles. That was a little nightmare in DD, and you have such an intuitive solution. My compliments!

Wanderer - saxon vehicle factory - or Schubet's piano piece?

Cheers, Wolf
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

herrdeh wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:08 pm One more thing - I missed a arrow-annotation feature. Like diameter, but with editable text. Did I ignore it - or is it still under construction?
This has been on the to-do list for over a year. It will get to the top eventually. Combining a LeaderLine with an Annotation would be relatively easy, but I have no elegant way of picking the point for the arrowhead at the moment.
herrdeh wrote: Anyway - thanks for this awesome WB. I used to like drawing dimension very much, but TechDraw's approach is much more handy, especially concerning views and angles. That was a little nightmare in DD, and you have such an intuitive solution. My compliments!
Thank you!
herrdeh wrote: Wanderer - saxon vehicle factory - or Schubet's piano piece?
Ice hockey team, actually.