[Solved use flatpak version] Vertex and center marks not shown on TechDraw

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
hobbes1069

Re: [Solved use flatpak version] Vertex and center marks not shown on TechDraw

Post by hobbes1069 »

I'm working on updating opencascade but there are multiple issues.

The latest version requires a version of TBB higher than we have in Fedora (because it has ABI breaking changes). I'm now working on getting OCCT 7.6.3 in Fedora but it installs a config file that doesn't respect the DESTDIR environment variable. Patch is in the works but unproven as of yet.
MeSat

Post by MeSat »

Even with the Fedora update, it still isn't working in F37 in both Gnome and KDE which I just tested today. Not sure what is different between the Snap version which works, and the Fedora version.
MeSat

Post by MeSat »

For others, I tested the appimage FreeCAD package on F37 today and it works as expected.
hobbes1069

Post by hobbes1069 »

Any help in determining what is "different" in the package vs. the Flatpak would be much appreciated.

If you follow this link you can see all the build logs:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/bui ... ID=2111363

The "root.log" will show how the buildroot was generated and with what dependencies.
"build.log" shows the actual build.
greg_m

Post by greg_m »

Hi everyone,

Anybody looked into it?

I use Xubuntu at home and recently upgraded from 0.20.1 to 0.20.2 (deb package from the official Ubuntu repo) and no center marks (also lines widths are too thin or too thick). Cannot remember how it was on 0.20.1, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't working as well.

At work I use Win10. To keep the versions the same I recently also upgraded there from 0.20.1 to 0.20.2. No problem with center marks on Windows on either of these versions.

Any idea how to get center marks to works on Ubuntu from a deb package? (I'm not a fan of Flatpack, Snap, AppImage, etc.)

Seems like since the official Linux package is AppImage there is no more deb packages on PPA FreeCAD repository.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

greg_m wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:36 pm Anybody looked into it?
A few people have looked at the problem, but nobody has figured it out yet. The number of people who understand the package build process as well as the FC build process is very small.
greg_m

Post by greg_m »

No problem @wandererfan . Just tried the official AppImage and all works fine and shows up as intended.