[Issue] Multiline Textfield with Dark Themes

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MisterMaker

Re: [Issue] Multiline Textfield with Dark Themes

Post by MisterMaker »

Can't we use the current line highlight color from the editor from settings?
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

balrobs wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:36 pm I think that giving up the highlighting feature would cause troubles to many users.
Imagine the case a user selects all words in a single line. The visual feedback would be a blinking coursor at the end of the line. So pressing DEL he could expect to delete only the last letter of that line.
Hope my thinking makes sense.
Cheers
OK, obviously I messed here something up writing without sitting in front of a computer.
I confused the text-highlighting with the line-highlighting. Sorry for that :mrgreen:

In this circumstance I would support obelisk79's suggestion to remove the yellow line markers.
When I create or double-click a Draft_Text I see this Input-Widget:
screenshot_01.PNG
screenshot_01.PNG (39.57 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
But when I use the Three-Dot-Button in the Data Tab I see this List-Widget:
screenshot_02.PNG
screenshot_02.PNG (46.29 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
IMHO line numbers and line highlighting don't add any value for the vast majoritiy of cases I can think.
Cheers
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

MisterMaker wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:19 pm Can't we use the current line highlight color from the editor from settings?
That won't follow the stylesheet.

This seems to follow the stylesheet. The screen grab is Behave-dark and the video is Dark-orange. A difference from the current version is that it doesn't highlight anything until there's a click in the text area.
Attachments
PropertyListEditor_darkOrange.webm
(94.46 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
PropertyListEditor_behaveDark.png
PropertyListEditor_behaveDark.png (5.17 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
maltMan

Post by maltMan »

Hello,

Is there a way to determine which PR this is, and if it was accepted? I'm still experiencing the yellow background with white (hard to see) text for multiline input with ProDark theme, as mentioned in my post: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=74384

The post is about something else, but I mentioned this issue, because I thought it was related at the time. Screenshots and version info included in that post. Thank you for all the work you do,
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

maltMan wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:37 am Is there a way to determine which PR this is, and if it was accepted? I'm still experiencing the yellow background with white (hard to see) text for multiline input with ProDark theme, as mentioned in my post: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=74384
There was never a PR, just a discussion. Is this better?
Attachments
accessibilityAnnotationEdit.png
accessibilityAnnotationEdit.png (10.59 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

Would be nice if this could be fixed so we won't have this discussion again in couple of months :)
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

wandererfan wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:50 pm There was never a PR, just a discussion. Is this better?
I suggest creating a new empty line at the end always and make it editable, once it has content automatically create a new empty line and so on.
maltMan

Post by maltMan »

wandererfan wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:50 pm There was never a PR, just a discussion. Is this better?
Yeah, that looks great!