How to create own GUI?

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Aleks

How to create own GUI?

Post by Aleks »

How would you go about to create a minimalist version of FreeCAD with an own GUI?
So at this moment I am able to create custom macros with GUIs using PySide2 and Qt and integrate them into FreeCAD, but how can I create my own UI using the 3D viewer?
FreeCAD als Maschinenbauer in die Konstruktion und Fertigung integrieren. Schulung buchen: www.alsado.de/freecad-schulungen
triplus
Veteran

Re: How to create own GUI?

Post by triplus »

Aleks wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:04 pm How would you go about to create a minimalist version of FreeCAD with an own GUI?
If we are talking about the easiest and simplest way, select Complete WB in workbench selector and use:

https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Customize_Toolbars

To define some toolbars. Such approach should result in having a minimalist version of FreeCAD. If you want to go a step further and don't want to have toolbars, try out a module, such as command panel. There you can fit a large number of commands in a rather smallish menu and after to invoke it on demand.
hrhassan

Post by hrhassan »

Would removing built in Toolbars and Commands from the Command Bar require QT Designer? I want to remove some of the Std Menus from the Command Bar.
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

Thank you for your tip. it should do it for now.
FreeCAD als Maschinenbauer in die Konstruktion und Fertigung integrieren. Schulung buchen: www.alsado.de/freecad-schulungen
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

hrhassan wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:25 pm Would removing built in Toolbars and Commands from the Command Bar require QT Designer? I want to remove some of the Std Menus from the Command Bar.
View->toolbars and toogle off the desired toolbars