PieMenu (v2.0)

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mittkonto

Re: PieMenu (v2.0)

Post by mittkonto »

This is definitely the best pie I had all year!

Is it possible to make piemenu appear when I rightclick instead of pressing tab? (other than an external application)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

mittkonto wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:02 am This is definitely the best pie I had all year!
Good to hear that.

Just note that this latest addition (Accessories -> Pie menu) isn't connected yet with the front end. That is with the actual pie menu you see, when you press on the Tab key. For configuring and using that, continue to use the Preferences located in the drop down menu, from the pie menu itself.
Is it possible to make piemenu appear when I rightclick instead of pressing tab? (other than an external application)
It's on the todo list. This is one of a few things i haven't actually explored yet in-depth and more will be known once i do that. There are some considerations, such as on how to access other menus in FreeCAD, if for example pie menu would always show. But as said, best to wait until i actually do a few tests first.
dxp.dev

Post by dxp.dev »

I have nothing to ask, I just wanted to tell you that I installed PieMenu recently and it really improved my workflow ! so thanks for that 8-)
Find your user.cfg and system.cfg files : Macro_findConfigFiles

Imperial system makes no sense, go metric ! ! !
Clicker

Re: PieMenu (v2.0) Hotkey

Post by Clicker »

I'm brand new to FreeCAD and I only know one hotkey, Tab. Unfortunately I don't now know how to tab from the x to the y value. One of the early comments was changing the hotkey of PieMenu from Tab to Q. Is there a way to do this? Thank you.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Clicker wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:36 am I'm brand new to FreeCAD and I only know one hotkey, Tab. Unfortunately I don't now know how to tab from the x to the y value. One of the early comments was changing the hotkey of PieMenu from Tab to Q. Is there a way to do this? Thank you.
Edit line 1904 in InitGui.py, I'm not sure if binding it to just Q wouldn't generate other conflicts but you can choose the key of your liking, key combinations are also possible. Also, this could brake updating PieMenu from addon manager as I have seen it refuse to update when there are modified files in the addon I'm trying to update.
Clicker

Post by Clicker »

adrianinsaval wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:14 am Edit line 1904 in InitGui.py, I'm not sure if binding it to just Q wouldn't generate other conflicts but you can choose the key of your liking, key combinations are also possible. Also, this could brake updating PieMenu from addon manager as I have seen it refuse to update when there are modified files in the addon I'm trying to update.
Umm. I found 29 InitGui.py files in my FreeCAD 0.18 folder. None of them seem to have that many lines. Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction? Thank you.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Sorry I wasn't specific, you have to edit PieMenu's InitGui.py, it will be in the folder were external workbenchs are downloaded, on linux it will be ~/.FreeCAD/Mod/PieMenu, on windows it is something like C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/FreeCAD/Mod/PieMenu, if it's not there try the one specified here it has a directory for Mac too if you use that.
Clicker

Post by Clicker »

Sweet! That worked. :D
I changed it to CTRL+SHIFT+TAB which I will assign a button on my mouse. THANK YOU!
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

PieShortcut.png
PieShortcut.png (17.85 KiB) Viewed 3704 times
Make sure you have the latest version of PieMenu module installed. Now one can change the pie menu invoke shortcut by using ShortCuts module.
ifohancroft

Post by ifohancroft »

triplus wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:28 pm Make sure you have the latest version of PieMenu module installed. Now one can change the pie menu invoke shortcut by using ShortCuts module.
How to do it without having to install/have installed the ShortCuts module?
I like making, breaking and modding stuff, using a soldering iron, code or both. https://ifohancroft.com