CAD Design for Aircraft Project

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
marianmadalin32

CAD Design for Aircraft Project

Post by marianmadalin32 »

Already started to build a Jurca Mustang Replica. Looking for a volunteer who can draw for free for me parts from PDF files in DWG/DXF in order to continue to cut them on the CNC and assemble them. Many thanks. I had many sponsors who helped for free during this project. If you wish to join, let me know.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: CAD Design for Aircraft Project

Post by adrianinsaval »

This subforum is usually for paid jobs so you might get a better response posting somewhere else, also it would probably help if you posted more details to get people interested
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

adrianinsaval wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:29 pm This subforum is usually for paid jobs so you might get a better response posting somewhere else, also it would probably help if you posted more details to get people interested
To the best of my knowledge there have been a few volunteer works as well. Among the recent ones, open source ecology comes to mind, though they also posed some paid positions alongwith. I think it's fine to post unpaid positions so long as they are themselves for non-profit causes.

The second part I do agree though. The poster is more likely to see interest if they describe the significance of this particular model.
My latest (or last) project: B-spline Construction Project.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with asking for volunteers, I'm just saying the people coming here are usually looking to get paid, the volunteers are more likely to be found in other sections of the forum.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

There is also something in between paying for a job and looking for a volunteer: You can motivate volunteers by offering a donation to the FreeCAD project. We have done this several times in the past.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.